That's how I felt on Monday, and I blame my khaki Stevie Cords. I don't usually wear light pants; I don't think I've worn khaki pants for months and I wasn't crazy about my outfit then, either.
The outfit you see here marked my third or fourth attempt to style these pants that day. There was a pile of clothes on my bed to prove it. I think this go-round worked better than the others (which centered around the Keeping Tabs Tee with various cardigans), but I think I stumbled upon this outfit due to blind luck in pairing items and not due to any kind of grand design.
Clearly I missed some basic truth about khakis. WHAT IS IT? Please, share your expertise with me, readers, or forever doom me to a life of flattering dark pants. A fate worse than death! (Oh, kidding. Please, fate, do not smite me for that comment.) Seriously though, how do you wear your khakis? Any khaki mantras I am missing here? I need someone to write out some rules for khaki-wearing that I can adhere to next time I try to assemble an outfit around these guys. (And there WILL be a next time, because the AG Stevie Cords are the perfect pant.)
I lurve them! I lurve them so, so much!
I've been saying this everywhere my IP hasn't been banned (that's just a joke...as far as I know...), but I think teal is an awesome neutral. It goes with EVERYTHING and still adds a wonderful pop of color to an outfit without being too intrusive. Like a nice solid yellow pump, I am struggling to think of an item in my wardrobe that would not be enhanced or complemented by these lovely pumps.
Shirt: Finessed Turtleneck (Anthro) (M)
Cardigan: Mohair Souffle Cardigan (J.Crew) (M)
Belt: (thrifted, $3)
Pants: AG Stevie Cords in Khaki (Anthro) (28)
Earrings: Trefoil Posts (Anthro)
Necklace: Childhood Secrets Necklace (Anthro)
Shoes: Code Pumps (Seychelles) (9) (TTS)



No comments:
Post a Comment