Monday, July 22, 2013

The Twilight Zone Haircut!

For the last few months, I have been repressing the ever-welling desire to go Brittany.


My hair was driving me nuts; I'd done nothing but put it in a ponytail for almost a month straight.  Given the fact that I can only be bothered to spend five minutes on my hair MAX a day, it tends to look pretty shabby as it gets longer and requires more than my maximum of five minutes.

Add to that urge the fact that I've been toying around with the idea of a faux-hawk for a long time, combine that with the emptiness of my personal landscape over the foreseeable year (I don't mean that in a depressing way --- I'm social and go out --- I just mean that there are no huge events on my immediate horizon (e.g., trial, wedding) that would demand more caution in choosing a hairstyle) and you've got yourself a recipe for a dramatic haircut!

So, here's what I did:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

SHORT!


Plus, it's super-versatile (and sort of faux-hawkable)!  I can wear it in a bunch of different ways with, again, very little effort:



I LOVE IT.

...HOWEVER.

I feel like I am in some kind of weird Twilight Zone episode with this hair.  NOBODY in my life seems to like it.  Well, a couple people like it.  But almost everyone else reacted to the haircut like, "::sucks teeth::  Ohhh, you cut your hair.  Wow.  ....::sucks teeth:: [nervously] Are you liking it?"  For Pete's sake, it's been two weeks and I am STILL getting, "::sucks teeth:: [nervously] So, are you still liking it?"

WTF PEOPLE!  I don't understand.  I look in the mirror and I love what I see and then I keep getting these tragic reactions from people like my cat died or I lost my job or cut my nose off or something.  I continue to reexamine the reflection I see staring back at me to try to see the horrible thing that everyone else must be seeing when they look at my hair so sadly and I JUST. DON'T. SEE IT.

So, anyway, I like this cut a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...