Monday, May 6, 2013

Since [I've] Been Gone

Normally I don't feel the need to acknowledge my brief absences from the blog --- I know you all have other blogs you like to read and I assume most of us read blogs on some kind of internet aggregator rather than visiting/refreshing actual websites --- but DAMN, I've been away for a while. The more time that goes by between postings, the harder it gets to sneak in with a little outfit without another word. As most of you probably assumed, I have been COMPLETELY crushed with work for the last month or so and I've barely had time to go to sleep, let alone come up with a blog post.
 
Supporting fact: Of the 12 crossfit classes I bought last month, I used exactly two. And one of them I used this morning. So there's that.
 
Work email: Anything but good.
 
But the amazing news is that the work that is crushing me is A TRIAL that's set in LAS VEGAS!!!!! OMG OMG OMG, yes, you read that correctly, it's MY FAVORITE WORK ASSIGNMENT EVER in my FAVORITE U.S. VACATION DESTINATION EVER.
 
Omaha, I'ma let you finish, but Vegas is the best trial venue OF ALL TIME.
 
OF. ALL. TIME.
 
Anyway, I'm quite excited about it in case you couldn't tell. But here's a brief run-down of what I've been up to this month while I've been bleeding myself dry at work:
 
  • I found a frozen banana recipe that is AWESOME. Will post it for you soon.
I know this looks like poop on a stick but it is actually a chocolate-covered frozen banana and it is the greatest thing ever.
 
  • I went to Las Vegas on vacation (not connected to work)! My boyfriend and I also learned a fun new poker variety called "Open Faced Chinese Poker," which I think is officially passe now that we tourists have learned about it (in terms of being ahead of the curve, we are like cruise passengers wandering in Brooklyn).
Excalibur: Kind of cheesy but at $35 a night it's hard to complain.
 
This is what open-faced Chinese poker looks like. Basically, the bottom hand must beat the middle hand, which must beat the top hand. Your cards are dealt five at once, then one card at a time until you have 13. Once you place your cards, you can't move them. You get points for winning the rows, and royalty points for making hands of a certain strength.
 
  • I bought a new purse! It has rose-gold hardware and it makes me want more rose gold jewelry. :-\
WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE WEATHER?? It was 80-something a week or two ago and today it's like SIXTY? BEGPARDON? Although I must admit that spring cold weather wear is pretty fun.
 
So, now you're mostly caught up on me. What have I missed in your lives and in the blogosphere?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...