Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2013, e-Friends! How did you ring in the New Year? My boyfriend and I spent the first few moments of 2013 watching fireworks on the Vegas strip with 1.2 million of our closest friends:
 
 
 
Twenty-twelve was a wonderful year for me. I found stability in a job I love, a relationship I love, and a circle of family and friends I love. I am happy in my life and almost completely happy with myself as a person. Starting the new year in my favorite U.S. city is a promising way to begin the next twelve months. I think it will be an exciting year!
 
Vegas in a nutshell: The real and the fake side by side.
 
Incidentally, the one thing you absolutely need to know about going to Las Vegas? Never let taxi drivers take you on the highway. Seriously. It costs $10 more every time, which is why they love to jump on the highway, so any time you go anywhere in a cab make sure you tell your driver, "Don't take the highway," even if you think it is totally obvious that he should not take the highway.
 
So there you go, I just saved you a bunch of money. Happy New Year to you! (I wasn't sure where else to fit that travel tip so you'll just have to excuse the non-sequitur.)
 
Did you make any New Year's resolutions this year? I didn't resolve anything specific, although I continue to stumble generally towards healthier eating/living and more responsible spending.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...