Tuesday, November 27, 2012

OOTD: Variations on a Theme, Part One

Orange and teal. Who'da thunk it?

A few weeks back, I had my first (I think) successful foray into this color combination with this outfit:

Original post here.

I loved these pieces together so much that I decided to repeat the general idea, except this time I wanted something to wear to work:


In this Outfit:
J.Crew Rugby Stripe Boatneck Top in Modern Red (XL, shrunk in the wash) (here)
J.Crew Minnie Bi-Stretch Wool Pants (6T) (here in other colors)
J.Crew Enamel Bracelet (similar colors by J.Crew, similar and cheaper by someone else)
Michael Kors Davenport Chronograph Watch (on sale here, similar and slightly cheaper by Tommy Hilfiger, similar with a white face for $70 at J.C. Penny, extraordinarily similar for $38)
Seychelles Password Pumps (9) (similar in suede, similar in not-suede)
Kate Spade Kingsbury Shelby (sold out)
Thrifted Necklace (similar for $40, similar for $16)
Earrings from Eastern Market (flea market in DC) (similar-ish by Kate Spade, similar for $22, way less similar but still teal and $10)

Fun, comfortable, and it almost feels like the teal works as a neutral! Maybe it does compared to the bold orange in the sweater? How are we defining "neutral" nowadays, anyway?

Also, have I told you yet how much I love this purse? I know I shouldn't be shopping like I have been this month (that's a whole 'nother post), but this bag was barely over $100 with extra discounts from Kate Spade it's it's so big and roomy, and yet so sleek-looking. Plus, it goes with almost everything and the patent leather cleans easily.


Darn you student loans, and darn you stupid big paycheck, tricking me into thinking all of that money is actually mine. (And darn you Kate Spade, for seeming to validate my inability to let a tempting deal on a lovely handbag pass me by.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...