Tuesday, November 6, 2012

New Haircut, New Season

Here it is:


Basically, I took the two photos Michelle posted in my "help me with my haircut" post (along with a few pictures I found on pinterest, also at Michelle's suggestion) to my magical hair lady in New York (Julie at Jude & Me salon) and said, "arg, I dunno, something like this or shorter, and choppy, and I don't know. Please help me." The woman has never given me a bad haircut in the three years I have been going to her and she has that wonderful ability both to make sense of my indecision and also to make sense of my decisions when they are bad ones (i.e., "You really should not get a faux-hawk if you don't want to spend more than five minutes on your hair every morning.")

I love this cut! It's different enough from my last short haircut to feel new, but still similar enough in length and layers to give me the same flattering/framing effect.

Also, it's short enough that I don't mind blowdrying it in the morning, because it really only takes five minutes. I think that must be the max amount of sleep I'm willing to lose for my hair.


In this Outfit:
Tommy Hilfiger Sleeveless Belted A-Line Dress (M, slightly big) (here) (was <$40 in an actual Macy's brick and mortar store)
J.Crew Jackie Cardigan (M) (here, 25% off with code OURTREAT)
Sam & Libby Elliance Pumps ($22 here)
Michael Kors Davenport Chronograph Watch in Rose Gold ($199 here)
Ann Taylor Ring (from Gold Stacked Ring Set (here, 30% off with Friends & Family discount)
J.Crew belt (similar)

Yay for changes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...