Friday, October 12, 2012

OOTD: Welcome Back (to me)!

Usually if you don't hear from me for a few days, it's because I was suddenly inundated with work. This time, it's because I spent the last week and a half in Hawaii!
 
I'll post some pictures next week, but in the meantime, here's the outfit I wore on my first day back to work yesterday.
 
In this Outfit:

Women's Roll-Cuff Blouse in Bright Nite (M, initially a bit tight in the shoulders but it's gotten more comfortable) ($20 here) (Note: after washing the first time, I noticed a patch of fabric in the back that seemed to be heat damaged. I don't think I did anything wrong in washing it...cold water only, although I can't remember if I ran it through the dryer...I don't think so? Anyway, there's a chance I disregarded care instructions and put this through the dryer and damaged it myself, but in any case you should know that I had this issue! The shirt is still wearable, and the mark was less noticeable after its second wash, but this is obviously annoying.)

Banana Republic (outlet) Paisley skirt (6) (machine washable!) (bought in Vegas!)

J.Crew factory beaded bib necklace

Kate Spade Lever-Back earrings

Seychelles Password Pumps (9)

Michael Kors chronograph watch in rose gold

 
Although adjusting to the change of pace between a Hawaiian vacation and working on a very very busy case at a big law firm has been a bit abrupt (the case started heating up while I was gone) it's actually kind of nice to be back. I feel like I got off-track in a lot of areas of my life in September (work ethic, eating, shopping...), and this vacation was a good way to hit the "reset" button and come back ready to kick all kinds of butt. More on that another day, I'm sure.
 
This is my "time to get serious" face. Or maybe it's my trepidation face.
 
So, what did I miss while I was gone?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...