Tuesday, October 23, 2012

OOTD: Skirt Panting the Issue

Well, I guess it's about time for me to tell you about my almost two-week trip to Hawaii.

But since that will take a while and I'm getting crushed by work today, instead I will just show you this outfit.

In this Outfit:
Old Navy Horizontal Stripe Shirt (here)
Anthropologie Cuffed Tweed Crops (6) (shrunk in wash) (similar-ish; splurgier)
BCBG shoes (old) (similar (with bow); or similar (with buckle))
Michael Kors Chronograph Rectangular Watch (similar in gold; similar in gold but also on sale for $185; not similar except in rectangular shape but only $30)
Bracelets from Madewell and Payless (similar to Madewell arrow bracelet; similar to Payless knot bracelet)
Initial Necklace (gift from great-aunt) (similar)
Kate Spade Studs (similar)

I was a bit afraid to try on these pants again because the last time I wore them, I realized I shrunk them in a misguided effort to save money by machine-washing dry clean only items. I am several pounds heavier and quite a bit less fit than that day, so the odds seemed never in my favor.

But fit they did, and thank goodness because we are getting into wooly pants weather.

Look at that smug grin.  Also I swear I am not pregnant.

Also, although we're having a bit of a warm week this week, last week was cool enough to whip out my favorite grandpa coat, purchased for something like $35 last year at Anthro.


My love for this coat was (and maybe still is) a bit irrational, but I can't deny that I felt a bit justified upon seeing this photo on The Sartorialist the other day:


I am just SO AHEAD OF THE CURVE, YOU GUYS. I mean, I am so far ahead of the curve that I am behind the curve.

Have you ever purchased or loved something a little nutso only to feel justified later?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...