Friday, October 19, 2012

30% off at Kate Spade!

In case your entire RSS feed has not already told you this, Kate Spade is having a 30% off Friends & Family sale (in stores and online, although not in outlets) this weekend!  Use code F12FFUS.  (And don't forget to sign up for eBates for an extra 3.5% cash back.)


The sale is good for both full-price and sale merchandise.  Incidentally, if you've been thinking about taking the plunge and getting one of Kate Spade's famous book clutches, now is the time because they never, EVER go on sale.  At least, they haven't in the last two years that I've been watching them.

The Pride and Prejudice book clutch I got during a prior F&F sale (here, now $228) (see full outfit entry here)

I mentioned that I've been faltering with my budgeting lately, and I just could not resist indulging in this sale.*  Anyone have some self-talk strategies for situations like this?  (Really, my biggest problem lately has been violating my own rule and clicking on links.)  My financial/budget situation is somewhat unmotivating in that I can AFFORD to buy purses at Kate Spade once in a while, and I work hard enough (and have zero-enough kids) that I feel like I want to sometimes just stupidly enjoy my money, and it only means my loans may take another quarter-month to pay off.  (Those quarter-months, of course, add up.)  I need to refocus and keep my eyes on the prize:  full repayment within four years!

I know, I know, #firstworldproblems.

*  I will admit to having a special bee in my bonnet WRT Kate Spade.  I passed up the Typewriter Clyde (pictured at right) in the F&F sale two years ago, even though it was reduced down to just under $200, because the bag seemed a bit too kitchy for daily use.  I have regretted that decision consistently since that day, and now that bag doesn't sell for less than $450 on eBay...and it only appears once a month!  The sting of that regret is still strong and perhaps biases me towards buying Kate Spade things when in doubt. :-(


Anyway, because I know you want to know, here's what I bought:

Kate Spade F&F 10/2012

1.  Kate Spade Baxter Street Priscilla (now $140 here)
2.  Kate Spade Wordsmith Dictionary Clutch (now $250 here)
3.  Kate Spade Desert Stone Bangle (now $27)
4.  Kate Spade Doodles Pencil Necklace (also comes in purple and green) (now $38, here)

Any fun weekend plans?  Is it as (relatively) warm where you are as it is in DC?

(PS:  Thank you for all of the advice on my haircut...the appointment is Thursday, so if you happen to stumble across any photos of short haircuts you think I should see, please feel free to leave them in the comments!)

6 comments:

thatdamngreendress said...

man, I love that dictionary clutch!! You seem to have been pretty darn virtuous lately, I suppose a little bit of rewarding can happen from time to time!!

Hello Amy said...

I finally caved and bought the P&P book clutch! I also have been pining after the typewriter bag, but... c'est la vie!

cagliari67 said...

So much to love at KS - popped a few things in my shopping bag immediately. And then cancelled when I realized that 'standard international shipping' (to Canada was going to cost $50.00!! Seriously. It would cost me less in gas to drive to Buffalo and back to shop in person.
Which I may do...

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I have enjoyed your blog for some time. I am a "recovering" shopaholic. I recommend the following blog and forum - http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/ - as it has helped motivate me to save and not spend any more money on clothing/sales outside of a very limited budget.

I have a huge closet and have no need for any clothes/accessories. It takes huge effort not to click on the submit button. Good Luck.

GlamorousGirl said...

so cuuuteee :)

http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

JewishGirlBlog said...

Green dress: Thank you!

Amy: 30% off is definitely the best you could possibly do with the book clutch.

cagliari: $50 shipping?!?! That is utterly insane! Does Kate Spade have any stores in Canada?

Anonymous: thank youf or the link! I will check that out. If I had a walk-in closet I'm sure this problem would be much worse...as it is I am barely squeezing everything in.

GG: Thanks!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...