Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Two Ways OOTD: Skipping Monday

I had a very weird day last Monday. Remember when I told you I was working late on Sunday? Well, "late" slowly became "all night" and eventually I found myself leaving the office at 7:30 am to go home, change, and come back. I spent most of Monday in a confused stupor, feeling like it was not quite the workweek but also clearly not the weekend.

In a way, it's almost as though I didn't have a Monday at all! So I'll call that a win and I will hear no dissension.

On those days when I know it's going to be a long one (or when I know I will be continuing a long one), I do my best to dress as comfortably as I can justify. After being awake for 30 hours straight, the last thing I want is to be wrangling an uncomfortable waistband.

Which brings me to this skirt, which Anthropologie called the Million Pleats Midi:


Although I curse fate sometimes for my failure to buy the lovely pale pink color (here), I'm still quite happy with this skirt overall. It has a stretchy waistband (hello law firm summer program extra five pounds, please do not make yourself at home) and it is long enough that I can safely sit cross-legged in my office chair without the risk of overexposure to random pop-ins.

Here's how I've worn it recently:

(After my all-nighter:  Anthro Take Two Shirt, Anthro Million Pleats Midi, Payless Chelsea Flats (here), Coach hobo bag, J.Crew Factory Cluster Earrings, Michael Kors Watch, DIY Hedgehog Neckalce (inspired by) (check out Another Anthro Blog's awesome and improved adaptation of that DIY!))

(A few months ago on a trip to our firm's New York office:  Anthro Cricket Top, Anthro Million Pleats Midi, Payless Chelsea Flats (here), J.Crew Factory Resin Droplet Necklace (here), Omega Watch)

As comfortable as I felt in these outfits, I think I will try going with a more structured shirt next time I wear this skirt. I didn't feel sloppy when I wore these, but these outfits don't look as put-together in these photos!

Do you have any work-appropriate pieces that you whip out on days you know you want to be very comfortable? What are your go-tos?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...