Monday, August 27, 2012

OOTD: Lady who Lunches (too much)

In this Outfit:
J.Crew Factory Tanktop
Corey Lynn Calter (for Anthro) It's in the Details Jacket (S)
Narcisso Rodriguez Skirt (gifted) (8)
Manolo Blahniks (gifted) (39.5)
Omega Watch (gifted in 2006)
ALDO Necklace (arg I hate ALDO but I have gotten a lot of use out of this necklace)
J.Crew Factory Rhinestone Snowflake Earrings
 
This outfit made me feel like a million bucks. As in, I felt like a lady who had several millions in the bank in her "rainy day" fund. Despite the fact that all of the expensive aspects of this outfit were given to me by other people in recognition of the fact that I am worth negative amounts of money and will continue to be for the next few years at least.
 
Humorously, the top I'm wearing was one I found in my closet with the tag still on it; a purchase from J.Crew Factory many months ago that I love but COMPLETELY forgot I owned. Erm. Oops.
 
(Sorry this photo does not capture any detail in the shirt; the top has sort of scalloped horizontal fabric stripes with doodads hanging from it. Yes, excellent description, thankyouverymuch.)
 
All the summer lunches I attended with our law firm's summer associates have definitely taken their toll on my waistline, but I am trying both to resume my normal lifestyle (especially re: eating and exercising) and to pick outfits that cut me in the right places to conceal what I need to conceal.
 
Case in point, this contrast:
 
 
Versus:
 
 
Not terrible, but a little bit oof-y. Lesson learned: flats are not my friends right now. A high waistline is not my friend right now.
 
How do you dress your body when you are at a higher weight than usual?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...