Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dr. Lawyer OOTD: A Jewish Mother's Dream

In this outfit:
Anthropologie Tupelo Dress by Maple (6)
Forever 21 blazer (10) (similar, similar)
Kate Spade lever-back earrings in Citrine (different color)
Seychelles Password Pumps (similar here)
 
The proportions of this blazer make me feel like I'm wearing a lab coat. And now that I've thought that thought I can't unthink it, so every time I look at myself I think that I'm about to analyze some kind of blood sample or give a child a lollipop or have sex in an on-call room.
 
That's basically all there is to medicine, right? No?
I'm pretty sure I had a computer game like this in middle school. Except instead of learning when hemoccult tests were actually appropriate, for example, I would just randomly poke at the patient until either she was cured or she died. Probably better that I ultimately went to law school.

Anyway, that's what I'm wearing today. This is, embarrassingly, the first time I am wearing this dress since buying it over a year ago and pining for it nearly as long. I just couldn't quite figure out whether it was work appropriate and moreover it's just so pretty that I fear destroying it. Also, my sister has the same dress and it looks AMAZING on her, so much so that I almost feel like I am defiling the dress by wearing it less well.

Ah well. Here is a picture of a tree crushing a car to round things out:

Aftermath from a freak storm in DC on Friday night. Outrageous winds brought down several trees in my neighborhood...this one was just a few houses down from my boyfriend's house! The tree also destroyed the wrought iron steps of the house across the street. Luckily nobody was hurt.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...