Wednesday, June 13, 2012

OOTD: An unlikely pairing

What do you get when you pair a shirt that you only ever wear tucked-in with pants that you only ever wear with a tucked-in shirt?

It should be a shirt-tucked-into-pants combo, right? So what happened here?

In this Outfit:
Anthropologie Take Two Shirt (purchased last year)
ASOS Low-Slung Peg Pants (here - only $23!) (I took a size 8 - I'm usually a size 6 at Anthro.  There's some stretch in the waist.) (similar if your size is sold out)
Kate Spade Lever-Back earrings (similar)
Thrifted necklace (similar for $28)
Payless Lela Rose colorblock Travis pump (Fall 2011)
Michael Kors chronograph watch (similar)

I don't know, but frankly I love it! It feels classy and sleek but not uncomfortable or stuffy. Because this shirt looks a bit tenty I have never tried wearing it untucked, but I think it works with these pants (which themselves can sometimes be poochy with shirts tucked in):

(top previously)

(here and here)
(pants previously)

(here)

Not to mention, I can throw a black blazer on this whole shebang and HEYO look who's ready for her associate evaluation! (see also here and here for more songs of the black blazer.)


Finally, let me get another amen for Payless. These shoes, circa this fall, are just stellar. Comfortable, professional, and match almost everything in my wardrobe.


I hope you all are having a great hump day! I am dragging my (well-shoed) feet on a tough work assignment and could use some periodic distractions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...