Sunday, April 22, 2012

OOTD: A Whirlwind

If you don't hear from me for a while, it's probably safe to assume that I got buried under a mountain of unexpected work. This week, I had a fun surprise when I learned on Tuesday that I would be traveling to Chicago on Wednesday for an assignment. I was only in town for the day, but I had a few spare hours to walk around (and, naturally, to grab a slice of Chicago pizza with a friend).

ALL TEH NOMS! (At Lou Malnatis)

And of course, I could not avoid visiting one of the Chicago Anthros. I was so desperate to get out of my business suit that I succumbed to a $20 sale skirt that was immediately wearable. Although this skirt was a popular item, it didn't particularly appeal to me at any point during its lifetime. But for $20, and at a time when I was desperate to change, it worked.

Stuff like this always makes me chuckle when I hear people say that Anthro is too expensive.

This skirt impressed me. It's comfortable, and it's a lovely shape with a flattering silhouette. I was surprised at the amount of attention it got; could it be the contrasting colors at the waist?

1/4 suit, the rest emergency casual wear (roll-up Gap city flats and my $20 Anthro skirt)

In any case, I wore the skirt immediately to work the next day.

Sadly, I noticed that the fabric is already pilling in the rear. I don't know if it was like that when I bought it or if sitting in the airplane killed it, but at the very least it's not horribly noticeable.

I love traveling for work. I enjoy seeing new places and it's fun to feel like a jet setter. My friends are pretty spread out around the country, and thanks to Facebook it is easy to figure out which of my friends live in the cities I am visiting. And since I don't have kids, I don't mind being away from home. Plus, I love hotels!! Getting to stay somewhere overnight is a huge bonus :-)

Do you get to go on business trips? To where? Do you like it? Dish!

In This Outfit: Anthropologie Wreathen Blouse, Anthropologie Field Game Cardigan, Anthropologie Colorblocked Sweater Skirt, Anthropologie Engulfed Effulgence Posts, Necklace from my great-aunt (custom made out of one of her old gold earrings, with my initial on the front!), Thrifted Timex watch, Thrifted Oscar by Oscar de la Renta sling back pumps.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...