Wednesday, March 21, 2012

OOTD: Prowling the Town

I'm back from NYC today! I'll do my best to post a sale haul for you tomorrow. I know it's been a while... (for both of us).

Recently, I wore this outfit to go out on a date:

To where, I can no longer recall. It was probably awesome, though. I was probably even more charming than usual, if such a thing is possible.

This purse was a great choice for an active evening; it is small enough that it doesn't get in the way of moving/shaking, and the strap is long enough to wear the bag cross body if needed for security purposes. Disappointingly, though, the quality of the bag's outer lining is not quite up to snuff; it appears a bit wrinkled with use. Although it's adorable, I wouldn't recommend spending full price. (I bought it on sale here.)

My favorite date spots tend to involve some kind of activity. Despite the fact that it's no longer an unknown spot in the neighborhood, I still love DC's H Street Country Club, which features a DC-themed mini golf course, skee ball, and my favorite bar game of all Big Buck Hunter.

There's nothing like a little friendly competition to enhance those endorphins. Of course, none of that works when I lose and take it personally, but hey...that's why I win.

What is your favorite kind of spot for a date?


In This Outfit:
Anthro Shadowsleeve Cardigan (M)
Anthro Pinned Through Blouse (6)
J. Crew Minnie Pants in Nightfall Blue (6 tall - I like the length of the tall pants!) (here)
Pumps from Payless (circa 2007) (this pair was thrifted years after I destroyed my original pair - see here)
Kate Spade Fanfare Missy (here)
Coach earrings
J. Crew factory Crystallized Elastic Bracelet (here)
Kate Spade Doodles Pen Necklace

 

1 comment:

Jess said...

Ohhh they had that big buck hunter game on the tv show "Smash". I like the color combo of pinky purple with the yellow. It's been a long time since I've been on a date date, but I always like walking around neat areas with little shops, antique shops etc. and food, anything with food.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...