Tuesday, March 6, 2012

OOTD: Dry Clean Only

Do you remember oh, like, a month ago, when I told you that I had a tragic story to share about my favorite pair of cropped pants?


Well, a few weeks before leaving for Omaha, I decided to experiment with machine washing my dry clean only items.  I bought myself some Woolite, tossed in my items on the gentle cycle, and interrupted the machine just as it started spinning.  I wrung my clothes out by wrapping them in a towel and then laid them flat to dry.

While my silk items came out just fine, my poor cropped pants did not fare so well:


Still wearable, yes, but slightly smaller, a bit more uncomfortable, and with a lining that now sticks out past the legs:


I KNOW.  BIGGEST TRAGEDY OF 2012, amiright?  Add to the pile of quasi-casualties my blue colloquium trousers, and perhaps (unconfirmed) my cropped tweed trousers.  Just the slightest shrinkage in these fabrics have made them relatively uncomfortable/unwearable.

Silver lining:  perhaps this will be good motivation to lose these pesky five ten pounds I've been meaning to leave behind.  Why hello, trusty Weight Watchers online tools.  It's been a while, points tracker, but I think you and I know how it's done.


In any case, this outfit is from over a month ago; I'm definitely not wearing this today.  Not only could I probably not fit into these pants at this moment, but also today is for sweatpants, Battlestar Gallactica, and cleaning my poor, neglected apartment.

So tell me, readers:  do you dry clean all of your dry clean only items, or do you have a method for home-cleaning some or all of those items?  As I mentioned, my silk products came out just fine.

PS:  Have you entered the Vintage Envy giveaway yet?  If not, hop to it!
In this Outfit:
Anthro Blazing Blouse by Esme and Esyllte (6, TTS)
Anthro Split Pea Trousers by Cartonnier (8) (whomp whomp)
Sam & Libby Elliance Pumps (9, TTS) (here for $25 in black or here for $55 in brown)
Kate Spade "It Takes All Sorts" Necklace (gifted)
J.Crew Bracelet
ASOS Hand Holding Pearl Ring (out of stock)
Anthro Pave Post Earrings (here)
Anthro Spotted Satchel by Holding Horses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...