Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Runday: Open Forum

Welcome to Sunday Runday! This is a weekly series of posts relating to running and race training, all leading up to our group race day (see here).

I was hoping I'd have time this week to do something crazy, like writing some real content for Sunday Runday (or even responding to your fabulous comments from, oh, like, a week and a half ago).  Unfortunately, this week is shaping up to be even more busy than the last, so I'll just open the blog up for comments re: your training progress this week.  Bear with me and my work schedule!  Trial (probably) can't last forever.

Frankly, I could really use some motivation from those of you early risers.  I am finding it extremely difficult to wake up early and squeeze in my training; in my non-trial life, I usually wake up at 8:30am to go to work, but on trial I'm generally waking up at 6:30am at the latest at 5am at the earliest.  I'm heading to bed around 1am, and sometimes as late as 3am, as a result of work.  How the heck am I supposed to get out of bed to exercise when I know I can squeeze an extra hour of sleep into my morning?

Please, tell me the strategies you super-humans use in the moment that alarm first goes off in the morning.  Once I hit snooze, it's all over.  Alternatively, your best strategies for functioning on three hours of sleep for five days in a row would also be appreciated.  (I'm afraid 5 Hour Energy will make me infertile but can't support this with any real evidence.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...