Tuesday, February 7, 2012

OOTD: Feeling Crappy


I woke up on Sunday with a niggling back pain, which slowly blossomed over the course of the day into a full-on crippling back pain.  This made for some entertaining sideways glances cast to my boyfriend at various Superbowl parties as I waddled around and seemed to struggle with the simple task of sitting squarely on my rump.

Unfortunately, Ibuprofen did nothing for me yesterday and I had to leave work after half an hour for wont of ability to sit in my desk chair.  I'm still in pain today, although it seems to be subsiding a bit.  I will be traveling to the midwest for work on Thursday, so I'm crossing my fingers and toes that I am back to 100% by then.

In the meantime, here's the outfit I wore the last time I was feeling this crappy about a month or two ago.  There must be some universal impulse that leads us all to reach for comfy, stretchy, pajama-like fabrics when we feel under the weather.


Add to that the general crappy feeling the fact that my weight has swung up significantly in the last few weeks (certainly partly due to the fact that I'm building muscle tissue with my running, but also due to the fact that I'm eating a lot) and it's a formula for sticking with stretchy things.  I'm sure I'll start caring about these five pounds very soon, but right now I'm in that mental place where I'm concerned, but not so concerned that I want to stop eating frites.

If you know what I mean.


In this Outfit:
Tracy Reese Counting Angles Dress (S)
Schuler & Sons Licorice Lace-Up Boots
Anthropologie Shadowsleeve Cardigan (M)
Ann Taylor Belt (M)
Heart Necklace from Brazil (gifted)
J.Crew Sweater Tights

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...