Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Two Ways: Red-Bottomed Girl

One of the nice things about accumulating a backlog of unposted outfits is that by the time I get around to posting an outfit photo, I've often worn a particular item again in the meantime.  (See, e.g., here.)

This particular "Two Ways" post features not the same, but a similar item worn two different ways:  the bold red skirt.  You can tell these outfits have been stewing for a while because I'm not wearing tights!  (Although, with this wacky January weather, I guess you never know.)


In this Outfit:
Anthropologie Cissus Button-Up (S) (similar here for $20)
Yona Baraschi Tomato-Picking Skirt (8)
J.Crew Painted Denim Belt
Anthropologie Lavandula Heels by Everybody (9.5)
J.Crew Stretchy Pearl Bracelet
Earrings via Eastern Market in D.C.
Fossil Watch



In THIS Outfit:
UO top (M)
J.Crew Jackie Cardigan in Black (M) (here)
Anthropologie Cargo Pocket Sweater Skirt (S)
Kate Spade Hang in There Glasses Pendant
Dexter for Payless Karma Pumps (9) ($17 here)
Coach Pave Ball Earrings
Crawford Boyfriend watch in rose gold ($20 here)


I like both of these outfits, but I think it's interesting that I opted for a loose top with the looser-looking skirt and a fitted top with the fitted skirt.  Usually my tendency is to balance the form-fittedness of one half with a looser second half.  The next time I wear each of these pieces I'd like to try that.

(Notice:  I'm going to attempt to clear my backlogged photos over the next week or so, and hopefully we'll transition to 75% outdoor shots.  As much as I love the bathroom mirror in my office...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...