Monday, December 19, 2011

Weekend OOTDs + Shopping

One of my favorite aspects of the weekend is the laid-back dress code.  I've become pretty comfortable dressing for the office, so it's nice to have weekends to remind myself that casual clothes can be fun, too.

Saturday:




In this Outfit:
Anthro Cissus Button Up (S) (fashion tape needed to elimate button gap-age)
Anthro Lengthening Rays Maxi (S)
Vest from Charlotte Russe circa 2004
Anthro Beaded Wink Belt (L)
Kate Spade Hang in There Glasses Pendant ("Read Between the Lines")
Crawford Boyfriend Rose Gold Watch (Geneva) ($20 here)
Anthro Taiga Oxford Boots (8.5) (I nabbed these in January for an inhuman $45, but you can still get them on sale on Amazon for $76-90.  They are lined with shearling and are so wonderful and warm!)


Sunday:




In this Outfit:
Urban Outfitters BDG Flannel Western Dress (L)
Anthro Fleece-Lined Leggings (M/L) (only $18 at Anthro, also available in gray)
Knuckle Gold Finger Ring via La Dama (dupe of this $250 YSL ring, discovered through Look 4 Less) ($25 here) (also available here for cheaper) (the "stone" fell off of this ring within its first few hours of wearing, but I re-attached it with rubber cement)
Kate Spade Hang in There Glasses Pendant ("Read Between the Lines")
Crawford Boyfriend Rose Gold Watch (Geneva) ($20 here)
Anthro Taiga Oxford Boots (8.5) (on sale on Amazon for $76-90)



Despite my Wednesday proclamation that I only bought one thing in this week's Anthro sale, of course I found myself meandering through another store and picking up a few more goodies.

This is my "excited to be in an Anthro" face.  (Purse is the Michael Kors Harness Satchel.)

Between holiday presents, a deep discount on a refurbished stand mixer, Anthro's 30% off sale, J.Crew's 30% off sale, and Banana's 40% off sale, my spending money has been totally decimated this month.  I am going to need to take a break from shopping and let my bank account replenish.  November probably was not the best time to make an ambitious student loan payment!

The purchases:



Slouched Overcoat, $50 ($35 with 30% off) here.  I think I may be slightly crazy for loving this coat in all its oversized glory.  I tried it on for my sister and asked her whether it made me look too much like a homeless person (prompting curious and slightly offended looks from several fitting room onlookers).  She responded that it looked Grandpa chic:


Perhaps.  "Chic" may not be the word I'd use to describe this coat.  Frankly, I'm aware that it's a bit hideous, but damn I do love it.




Bold Strokes Satchel, $130 ($91 with 30% off) sold out in green and yellow, available for $198 in a gorgeous cognac color.  Still debating whether to keep this awesome bag, but leaning towards yes.  The shape and color are perfect.


Blazer


So Saturated Blazer, $30 ($20 with 30% off).  I have this blazer in its previous form ("Thatch Palm Blazer"), but I bought it in a smaller size and it shrunk a bit in the wash (both literally and not literally).  I had planned to tough it out, but given the fact that I found almost the exact same blazer in a bigger size for only $20 this weekend, I figured I'd just buy it again.


Things I've Returned So Far (thanks for your advice!):


Returns


How was your weekend?  Did you finish your holiday shopping yet?  I braved a mall and the traffic coming out was unbelievable!  It took me 20 minutes to leave the parking lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...