Friday, December 9, 2011

Two Ways: Anthropologie Checked Crops

Could it be that just a few weeks ago I was bemoaning the fact that I hated pants?  It seems like, since then, the universe has smote me with not one, not two, but FIVE pairs of pants that I simply love.  How could this have happened?  Is this an "ask and ye shall receive" kind of thing?  Did I mention the fact that I totally hate winning the lottery?

These pants:  Anthro Cuffed Tweed Crops (6), Anthro Dapper & Dashing Trousers (8), J.Crew Minnies (Tall 6), Anthro Colloquium Trousers (6).  Not pictured:  Anthro Checked Crops (6)


In contrast to the type of pants in which I feel awkward, the pants I apparently love are (mostly) slim-cut, well-tailored, and cropped with enough room to show off my shoes.

It may come as no surprise, then, that I wore my Anthro Checked Crops two days in a row---on Sunday to a casual brunch with lady friends, and on Monday to work.

Sunday Brunch:


I was worried I'd have a hard time wearing these pants because of the colorful checked pattern, but it seems that the pattern is subtle enough so as not to demand TOO much attention.  I don't think I'll be pairing these pants with a patterned top anytime soon, but they work well with subdued solid shades.

In this Outfit:
J.Crew Tissue Tee
Anthropologie Checked Crops (6)
Anthropologie Felted Colorbar Cardigan (M)
Payless Women's Chelsea Flat (9, TTS) ($17 here)
Geneva Crawford Boyfriend Watch in Rose Gold ($16 here)
Anthro Pave Posts ($24 here)
Anthro Bassotto Necklace
Man Repeller Glasses via Four Eyers


Monday at Work:


This outfit (worn on Monday) was an intentional and somewhat less successful style steal of Kendi's beautiful outfit here.  It turned into an embarrassing and unintentional rip-off yesterday when Kendi posted an outfit featuring these shoes, too.  The shoes were the only original part of this outfit!  Prompt posting fail.

In this Outfit:
J.Crew Blouse
Anthropologie Checked Crops (6)
Anthropologie Tied Trail Cardigan (M)
Unknown Belt (found while unpacking my scarves)
Lela Rowe for Payless Women's Travis Colorblock Pump ($55 here --- note, don't buy these full-price.  I liked them at 30% off (the store was closing), but wait for sale.  They're all artificial materials and not worth almost $60 IMO.)
Owl Earrings from NYC Street Vendor
Anthropologie Frozen Globes Necklace
Geneva Acrylic Tortoise Watch (here)


Am I the only one to have publicly sworn something off only to completely eat my words within days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...