Wednesday, December 7, 2011

OOTD: "Wear it with Bone, Masha."


As you may have noticed me mention in my Black Friday Sale Haul post, I used my grandparents' house as a launching pad for the morning's shopping.  When I returned, I happily showed them a few of my favorite purchases.  One of them, of course, was the Ihrin Shirtdress.

I showed it to my grandfather, and one of the first things he said to me was, "Oh, that would look magnificent with bone.  Wear it with bone, Masha."  [My name, FWIW, is not Masha---just a Yiddish nickname my family sometimes uses!]



Anyway, I took his advice.  It's probably a feather in the metaphorical cap of this dress that I like it enough not to overload it with my normal accessories (necklace, belt, cardigan, etc.) on its first venture out the door.  I was happy to wear it just as it was. 


...With some bone.


In this Outfit:
Anthropologie Ihrin Shirtdress (8, one size up from usual) (it's machine washable!)
Sam & Libby Elliance Pumps (9, TTS) (here in black for $21, here in bronze for $55, here in pewter for $40)
Anthropologie Hatching Earrings
Geneva Acrylic Tortoise Watch ($20--$30 on Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...