Monday, November 7, 2011

Use it or Lose it OOTD: Breezy Polkas Cardigan (and Redux)

I'm still making my way through the last of my OOTD photos, and as they come out of the woodwork I think it will become clear to you why it's taken me so long to post some of these photos.

Take, for example, the Breezy Polkas Cardigan:

I mean, don't get me wrong---I don't think this outfit is terrible.  It's just that there's something very off about it.  Too many colors, maybe?  Perhaps the proportions are off?  I'm not sure, but the cardigan was not doing me any favors here.

In spite of its poor showing, I do want to keep the cardigan.  I decided to try again today, and here's what I came up with instead:


It's an improvement, I think!  I reduced the number of colors and changed the length of my torso piece, and I think that helped counteract the "business" of the cardigan.


My trusty sweater clip is keeping the cardigan tighter around my frame to prevent a bit of the messiness I experienced in my first attempt.


Fun earrings (a recent sale acquisition) and neutral pumps round out the whole shebang.

Use it or Lose it?  I think I'll keep it.  It's the only red cardigan I own for now, and I've come to realize the virtue of this color in fall and winter.  If I eventually find a better, more versatile red cardi, though, this one may have to step aside to make room.


In This Outfit:
Anthro Breezy Polkas Cardigan (M)
Anthro Ruched Hourglass Top (S)
J.Crew Denim Pencil Skirt via eBay (4) (only $5!)
Anthro Pebble Splash Drops
Target Pumps (9)
Sweater Clip via eBay
Fossil Watch

I've got another late night at the office tonight, but I have hope that things are going to slow down temporarily for a few days.  I know I'm behind in commenting and responding to comments!  Also, I really want to tell you guys about why I'm going to miss my Android so much when I eventually switch back to the iPhone (which will almost certainly happen).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...