Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Use it or Lose it: The Last Two

I know how irresponsible it was of me to take so long in posting my last two Use it or Lose it outfits considering the fact that you surely have been holding their breath for the last two weeks.  I hope you can forgive me now that the oxygen is properly flowing to your brain.

That said, here are my the final two outfits I managed to create with my questionable items:

Anthropologie Velvet Blazer (Thrifted)
Also in this Outfit:
T.J. Maxx Blouse
Citizens of Humanity Dita Jeans (28)
Necklace from Brazil (gifted)
J.Crew Factory Patent Tortoise Ballet Flats ($79 here(but note the wear and tear on the heel after only a few wears (photo in the bottom right corner).  They are comfy and go with EVERYTHING, but I can't say I recommend them due to this poor quality)

I wore this outfit to a D.C. United soccer game last month.  I had a great time; the energy of the crowd and the huge undulating D.C. United flags made me feel happy that soccer is gaining popularity in the states.  It's such a huge part of culture and source of pride in other countries, and it's fun to be part of the party.

We eventually found ourselves in the craziest of the fan sections---with every goal scored, fans throw full beers high in the air, splattering over everyone.  I think I may have been the only person in the whole stadium rooting for a scoreless game.  I didn't get one, but I also didn't get completely drenched.

The stadium is open to the outside air and the night was chilly, so I needed a light jacket.  I thought something cropped would help nip things in at the waist and keep the flowy top + jeans from looking lazy-casual.


Dexter Gillian Flats (via Payless):
Also in this Outfit:
Urban Outfitters Staring at Stars Embroidered Blouse
Ann Taylor Skirt
Alexa Crawford Bracelet (circa 2005)
Coach Earrings
Fossil Watch

I guess there's not much to say about these shoes.  Sure they're unexciting, but they're more or less professional and they serve a purpose.  They're flat so they don't take up much space.

Use them or Lose them?  Keep for both.  I'd been planning to sell the cropped blazer, but just a few minutes ago I found myself adding a cropped black blazer to an online shopping basket; I left it behind then started to work on this post, when I realized...hey, why don't I try to wear my existing black blazer for a while and see how that works out?

And despite the fact that the grey flats don't inspire me, they match at least one thing I own really well.  Maybe that's a good enough reason not to sell them.


PS:  I've got a giveaway coming up for you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...