Tuesday, November 1, 2011

OOTD: Office Safari

I know that today is technically the end of this round of the Use it or Lose it Challenge and I still have several outfits to post and and a recap to share.

BUT---I'm not ready.  As often happens, everything at work is happening at the same time, at that time is this week.  So you'll just have to hold your horses on my questionable outfit choices for a few more days.

In the meantime, I just couldn't wait to post this outfit: 


I seem to be diving into the maxi-at-work thing headfirst this month!

I got this skirt for 40% off the other week from the Philadelphia store, which was kind enough to apply the discount to phone orders.

I LOVED the way this outfit turned out.  The colors feel so AUTUMN, and this look seemed professional and yet consummately comfortable.  Not to mention the fact that the waistband is accommodating (hello extra five pounds, please leave) and that this silhouette made me feel rail thin and a mile tall.


It's hard not to think the word "safari" when looking at this skirt's shade of brown.  That, plus its thick waistband, made this awesome belt the natural choice.



Walking around the office in this skirt made me very happy; it has an incredibly satisfying swish to it, and it seems to trail behind me like a waning wisp of fabric.  Sigh.  I wish it were socially acceptable to wear this skirt every day this week.  Unfortunately, I think it will be a huge static electricty conductor as the weather gets cooler.  Our time together may be brief until Spring.


Now if only it would stop getting stuck in the wheels of my rolly chair.

In this Outfit:
J.Crew Two-Pocket Chambray Shirt (S)
Anthro Lengthening Rays Skirt (4--size down)
Anthro Blue Horizons Booties (from my Use it or Lose it Challenge!)
Anthro Dasara Belt
Anthro Triphasic Earrings
Kate Spade Cocktail Ring
Fossil Watch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...