Friday, November 11, 2011

OOTD: Loosening Up


Woohoo, it's Friday!  And I actually get a Friday!  Fridays around here can sometimes be a bit like "Only two more working days until Monday," as one of my coworkers recently put it.  Amazingly, though, I think I'll be able to get out and enjoy most of my weekend with only a few hours of work dangling over my head.

This is fantastic, because my weekend is jam-packed with fun plans:  brunches, poker, shopping, reunions with many sets of friends...I can't wait.  And I don't have to, because I'm walking out the door to a bar as soon as I hit the "Publish Post" button.

Of course, this weekend may not be particularly conducive to my slow trod back towards goal weight.  I'm roughly maintaining at five pounds above my pre-Europe, end-of-July weight, which is fine, but any heavier than this and I start to get uncomfortable.


Nothing like wearing a cute, bright outfit to serve as a reminder both to have fun and to keep some modicum of moderate rationality in mind this weekend.

(Not to mention my little secret:  This skirt has always been snug, but today I had to begin the day with it unzipped in the back by an inch!)


The last time I wore this skirt, it was as part of my as-yet-unwrapped-for-this-round Use it or Lose it Challenge, Skirts edition.  I trashed the idea of wearing this busy piece with only solid tops, instead wishing for some versatility and variety.


I feel great about the way this came out.  Solid on the top, party on the bottom.  Using layering and a textured shirt kept the solid black from being too dull, while the tights utilized the fall color in this springy skirt without being too distracting (I think). 


I was surprised to get a TON of compliments on these tights today, especially since I thought the skirt would steal the show.

  
Heels would have been a better choice, proportion-wise, but after wearing heels for two days in a row, my tootsies needed a break.

So tell me, guys---do you have anything fun going on this weekend?  Veteran's day weekend sales?  I had a great moment while online browsing this afternoon...I just clicked "submit" on an Anthro order (30% off layering pieces!) when seconds later the mail guy walked in to give me the Anthro package I'd ordered on Tuesday.  It was like magic!  How I wish online shopping were really so instantaneous.  (PS:  Almost everything is going back.  I'd be disappointed except this means that now I can justify a new dress!)

In this Outfit:
Anthro Molded & Melded Tee (S)
Anthro Fantastic Fields Skirt (8)
Anthro Shadowsleeve Cardigan (M)
Anthro Pinwheel Tights (name?)
Flats from Payless ("Comfort Plus by Predictions")
Coach Bow Ring
J.Crew Factory Cluster Earrings
Anthro Necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...