Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Use it or Lose it OOTD: Blue Horizons Booties


I was a few synapses away from tossing these booties in the "sell immediately" pile, but something stopped me.  If I'm introspective about it, I think the thing that stayed my hand was the fact that these shoes only cost me $30.  I happened to find this lone pair of shoes on second cut in exactly my size, WITH an extra 25% off.  It was one of those magical moments in the Anthropologie sale room.

What a bizarre reason to keep something around, right?  Welcome to my brain. I'm sure you'll be very happy here.

Regardless of my initial skepticism, these booties impressed me today.  I thought they worked really well with this outfit.  The shape was a nice alternative to standard pumps, and matching my shoes to my dress kept the ensemble from jumping the shark into tragic territory.  




I wore them socks-less, and they made it for about ten hours before becoming uncomfortable.  I'd say that's pretty good!

Use Them or Lose Them?  These guys will get a temporary retrieve.  If I can put together more outfits like this one as opposed to this one, then maybe they'll earn a permanent place in my closet.


Incidentally, this outfit also marked the debut of one of my most absurd purchases in the last few months:


I bought this Kate Spade bangle a few weeks ago after having my eye on it since May.  I love it, but I think the price I paid ($60 on super-sale) was still a little ridiculous.

Ah well.  It gave me at least $10 worth of happiness today, so I guess I just have a few more wears to go before I break even :-D
In this Outfit:
Banana Republic Dress (M)
Anthropologie Tied Trail Cardigan (S)
Kate Spade "Wish You Were Here" Bangle
Blue Horizons Booties (40)
Alexa Crawford/Laila Rowe Necklace (circa 2005)
Kate Spade Head-in-the-Sand Melinda (like it?  Usha is selling hers!)
Anthro Pave Posts (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...