Monday, October 17, 2011

Urban Outfitters Sale Haul

I haven't posted a Sale Haul in a while.  For one thing, I haven't been shopping very much since starting my job; I just don't have as much time during the week to get myself to a store to try things on.  On top of that, I don't have a great idea of what my budget is yet, since I'm still assessing how much my take-home pay will be after all of my benefits kick in (i.e., pre-tax deductions for my 401k and the like).

The icing on the cake of reluctance was the backlash of the Anthroholic scandal, wherein many folks in this blogging community decided that some of our consumeristic habits could be a problem.  I hated the idea that sharing my sale purchases might be encouraging others to spend beyond their means or to buy mindlessly.  While some of my sale hauls have been dramatically big, I do not spend beyond my means, nor do I carry a balance on my credit card.

While a more detailed post about budgeting and financial responsibility may be in order, for now allow me to just indulge in the fun of sharing some of my sale finds with you.

I meandered into the Urban Outfitters in D.C's version of Chinatown recently, drawn in by the promise of an extra 50% off sale merchandise.  I used to love that promotion when I was in college and Urban was an affordable, trendy, and fun place to shop.  I find that there's a lot less there for my demographic these days, but if I'm picky I can come away with a few solid additions to my closet.
UO Sale Haul

1.  Lark & Wolff by Steven Alan Mitered Stripe Tee - $10 after discount.  I couldn't find a picture of the blue version on Polyvore, but that's the one I got.  I envision this working well with jeans for casual weekends.


2.  Staring at Stars Textured Stripe Boxy Tee - $5 after discount.



3.  Staring at Stars Embroidered Blouse - $15 after discount ($40 online here).  This lovely top reminded me of Anthropologie's Discovered Lace dress.



4.  Kimchi Blue Woven Heeled Oxford - $60 full price (here, only one left in brown, size 9).  I've been eying Anthro's lovely Botanist Heeled Oxfords since seeing them on Lisa here.  I fear the heel may be too high for me, and the price (for now) certainly is.  While I'm sure Anthro's heels will get a second cut soon (if they haven't already), the heel height will remain the same.  On the other hand, these Kimchi Blue heels have a similar silhouette and texture as the Anthro version with a much more sensible heel.  My local store only had a size 7 in stock, but luckily there was one pair of size 9's left online when I checked later in the week.  Score one for the good guys!

5.  Archipelago Verbena Basil Candle - $16 full price (here) (but available on Amazon for only $10).  This smells SO delicious; basil and verbena are two of my favorite scents!  My basement apartment often runs the risk of getting a bit musty, so delightful candles are a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...