Monday, October 10, 2011

OOTD: A Long (Working) Weekend


While most people get to enjoy their long weekends---or even their regular weekends, for that matter---those of us who are barely a month away from trial often don't have that luxury.

I've spent two out of the last three weekends in the office.  I don't actually mind it SO much; I usually go in after brunch and leave early enough that my friends are still out but late enough that things are going from polite to a little more wild.  Plus, there's coffee, snacks, and free meals on weekends, plus round-trip cab transportation.  Hey, it's all about the perks, right?


That being said, the already-casual dress code in my office gets even more laid-back on weekends.  The key for me so far has been "presentable comfort."  This pullover is loose and soft, and just the right weight for air conditioning that's set at a proper temperature.  The Stevie pants balance out the looseness of the pullover, and my favorite striped T-shirt adds a pop of color to the whole thing.

Incidentally, a reader once asked me how I ever managed to wear this pullover in a size medium since it runs so big.  Weeeellllllll...


Yeah.  It's quite big.

I think maybe it's okay for slouchy pullovers to be big.  Maybe.  Erm, did I mention I'm a sucker for teal?
In this Outfit:
Anthropologie Heat Index Pullover (M)
Anthropologie Lining-the-Field Scoopneck (S)
Anthropologie AG Stevie Cords (28)
Target Taree Oxfords (9) (here) (Get $5 off a $50 purchase using code CPM5OFF50)
Watch by Appigo
Circus Elephant Necklace by Miss November Studio (MNS) (here)
Encircled Effulgence Posts (here)
Sterling Filigree Ring c/o giveaway on Closet at Capacity (MNS's blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...