Thursday, September 22, 2011

OOTDs: Goodbye, Sweet Summer (part 2)

While some people actually did something productive or interesting over the course of their summer vacations, I mostly traveled, ate, and made an effort to wear relatively clean clothes.  My constant travel meant that I was always working with a limited version of my closet out of my suitcase, and I looked forward to the day when I could wade through my closet unencumbered by carry-on bag restrictions and frolic about in my summer clothes.

Then, summer seemingly quit without sending me its two-week notice.

While I still hold out hope that we'll get a brief resurgence of sundress weather before the brunt of autumn is upon us, I finish my "so long" to summer with a teary-eyed reminiscence of a few summer outfits I never got around to posting (largely because I got distracted by something shiny).



Anthro Printed Boy Tee in Stripes (M), Anthro Circle the Globe Skirt (4), Anthro Band-over-Band Heels (9) (here), Necklace from Miss November Studio (here), Earrings and bracelet from Florence, Italy.



Shirt from Nordstrom Rack, J.Crew Horizon Stripe Mini Skirt (6 - too big, need a 4), J.Crew Skinny Belt (M), Flip Flops from Payless, Necklace from Miss November Studio (here), Anthro Encircled Effulgence Earrings (here), Ring and purse from Florence, Italy.




I matched the shower curtain.  Does that make this photo seem classier?  What about the fact that you can deduce my oral hygiene regimen from the evidence on the counter?  (Sensodyne FTW!)

Shirt from Banana Republic Outlet, J.Crew Horizon Stripe Mini Skirt (6 - too big, need a 4), J.Crew Skinny Belt (M), Flip Flops from Payless, Necklace from Miss November Studio (here), Anthro Encircled Effulgence Earrings (here), Ring and purse from Florence, Italy.

Fare-thee-well, my sweet summer.  Fare thee well.

Are there any clothing items you will have to retire for the autumn?  I think my flip flops and sandals are probably done until spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...