Monday, September 26, 2011

OOTD: Not-so-lazy Sunday


Ya know, I really miss the days when weekends were weekends.  When I didn't have any school, bar exam, or work-related stuff seep into my me-time.  When I could just enjoy the slower pace of Saturday and Sunday without a responsibility in the world.

Of course, I'm not exactly sure WHEN was the last time I had such a weekend, but I'm pretty sure that they existed at one point in my life.


This weekend was not such a weekend.  After spending a combined total of six days in my apartment since July 31, I found myself with a mound of chores to do, groceries to buy, and yes, even work to do.  Le sigh.  Vacation is definitively over.

At least it's still warm enough to wear my new Cuernacava Maxi dress.  I had my eye on this dress when it first went on sale, and once it was reduced a second time I couldn't resist.  It is extremely comfortable; I felt like I was wearing pajamas all day.  The color combination and the print just scream "mellow-fun" (although screaming is neither mellow nor fun).  For this frustrating transitional weather---too hot for light jackets but too cool for sleeveless---I find a button-down shirt to do just the trick.

And while I barely accomplished half of the things I'd hoped to do on Sunday, I did manage to get a free bag of lettuce at the farmer's market by showing up just as the vendors were about to pack up and throw out their greens.

...If you think I didn't go home and immediately write "Get a free bag of salad greens" on my to do list just so I could cross it out, you'd be sorely mistaken, my friend.

How was your weekend?  For those who sometimes need to bring work home, how do you balance your working-weekend time with your playing-weekend time?

In this Outfit:
Anthro Cuernacava Maxi (4) (check for popbacks here)
J.Crew Factory Perfect Shirt in Washed Chambray (S)
Payless Shoes (circa 2009)
J.Crew Factory Necklace
Anthro Encircled Effulgence Posts (here)
Anthro Rock Candy Ring
Coach Sabrina Satchel in Cinnamon
Fossil Watch (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...