Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Look: I made you a brain smattering.

Holy crud, people.

The working world?

It is emeffing DEMANDING, yo.


With our first week of orientation behind us, I've finally started doing billable work for the last two days.  Incidentally?  The number of days I've stayed in the office after 11pm?  Also two.  Imagine that!  What a non-coincidence!

All this to say, I've got a list of posts I want to run, but in order to run them I have to write them, and in order to write them I really need my brain to function longer than twenty minutes between arriving home, catching up with Drop Dead Diva on my DVR (#guiltypleasuredon'tjudgeme), and...actually, I'm not really sure what comes after that because of the aforementioned brain-ceasing-to-work thing.  I know this sounds like I'm complaining, but I am actually really excited about the work I'm doing.  I got pretty much exactly the first assignment I wanted (I'm on a trial!) and I'm still doe-eyed and fresh-faced and childless enough not to mind staying late for much of the week.  Free dinner helps, too.  My coworkers being wonderful people also helps, perhaps even more than dinner does.

(PS:  Does anybody watch Drop Dead Diva?  How gross and simultaneously cute was the finale?  And can we talk about Owen for a minute, because I think he's better for Jane than Grayson.  That look he was giving her on the plane?  Swoon.  Love him.)

Also, it would help with the outfit photos if I got home while there was still decent light to take mediocre pictures.  And aw, you guys, I was wearing something REALLY cute today, too.  It involved my bright turquoise Band Over Band heels (which have now been on sale so long that I suspect they'll be reduced down to $30 within three weeks), and a woman actually stopped me on the street to compliment my shoes, saying, "I saw them from two blocks away and they are awesome."  Maybe I'll try to recreate the outfit in a photo over the weekend.

I did manage to take one mediocre outfit photo in my hotel room last week.  I wore this to grab dinner with the lovely Usha...


Hey, did I mention I bought that dress for $20?  Mind if I mention it again?  No?  Fabulous:  This dress was only $20!  Originally $170!  I mean, $170 is ridiculous, but so is $20, just in the other direction!  Hooray for Anthropologie's crazy sale reductions!  (FYI: I sized down from a 6 to a 4.  It's ABSURDLY full, so you need to want the poofy silhouette in order to even consider this.  The black color helps it look more chic and less froufrou, I think)

I added a blazer for work on Friday:

With Anthro's Thatched Palm Blazer.  See also Anthro's So Saturated Blazer, now on sale.

Anthropologie at work Business casual FTW.

One thing I'm looking forward to this week:  picking my Use it or Lose it items!  Have you entered the challenge yet?  Don't forget to let me know so I can add you to the list; I haven't updated the participant list yet for this round, but I will by Monday.  As a reminder, we're covering shoes and cardigans/jackets, so it should be a fun round!  I'll put up a post with my chosen items on Monday, the first day of the challenge.

Finally on the list of Jewish Girl's public brain dump:  the aforementioned Usha (see para. 8, supra) is considering selling her blue Kate Spade Head in the Sand Melinda:


I also have this now-unavailable bag and several of you have mentioned pining for it (here and here, for example), so I am giving you a heads-up to get your head OUT of the sand and send Usha an offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...