Friday, August 19, 2011

Use it or Lose it: Wrapping Up

Well, it's officially the end of the first Use it or Lose it Challenge, featuring summer skirts!  Here was my initial selection of skirts to reintegrate into my wardrobe:


Use It Or Lose It

And here's how I did.

The Used:


The Unused:


Use It Or Lose It Unused
I feel as though I flat ran out of time on the Adrienne Vittadini scalloped skirt, the Leifsdottir Picados Skirt, and the Anthropologie Color-Dipped Mini.  Of course, part of the reason I ran out of time is that none of these pieces seem to inspire spectacular sartorial creativity.  Regardless, I'd like to give myself some extra time after my traveling to try to wear these pieces before I toss them in the "lose it" pile.


Use it or Lose it?

1.   J.Crew Horizon Stripe Mini: Use it. Tentatively. It's SO short, but I might get more use out of it in the winter with tights, or in the remaining months of summer and autumn with flats. As my friend Sara pointed out, the heels I wore with this skirt are a little bit "HELLO I'M WEARING A MINISKIRT."

2.  Adrienne Vittadini Scalloped Skirt: Reprieve until further notice.

3.  Leifsdottir Picados Skirt: Reprieve until further notice, with the added slanty-eye given due to its mini length.

4.  Anthropologie Fantastic Field Skirt:  Enthusiastic keep.  Even if I just framed it an put it on my wall, it would probably be worth keeping.  However, I was happy to see it play well with a differently patterned shirt.  I'd say the skirt has---how shall I say it?---earned its stripes.

5.  Forever 21 Pleated Dotted Swiss Skirt: Use it. The skirt performed admirably. I just need to figure out how to wear light bottoms.

6.  Gap Pleated Bow Skirt: You tell me. Can you style this better than I can? If not, it may have to go.

7.  Anthro Color-Dipped Mini:  Temporary reprieve.

8.  Anthro Ackee Pencil Skirt:  Use it.  Perhaps more for irrational emotional reasons than for practical purposes.  This skirt's place in my closet may be revisited.


...Well, it appears I have a problem with the "lose it" portion of this challenge!  Perhaps that's because the pieces I didn't feel excited about wearing were the pieces I would have ended up wanting to lose anyway.  I guess we'll see what happens during this temporary "reprieve" for the three unused pieces!

Now it's your turn.  Send me a photo of an outfit including something you haven't worn in a long time!  I'll run them all in a reader outfits feature so we can admire each other's crafty reinventioneering.  Include a link to your blog, if any.

Send me your outfit by Sunday, August 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...