Thursday, August 18, 2011

Use it or Lose it OOTD: Anthropologie Ackee Pencil Skirt

Today is the last day of the Use it or Lose it Challenge!  I'm finishing things off today with an OOTD, and I'll post a summary tomorrow of my progress on the challenge.


Ahhh, the Ackee Pencil skirt.  Where did you and I go wrong?  Why did it take us so long to forgive each other and move on to a decent-looking outfit?

It was love at first sight when I reviewed you (here) and I bought you immediately when you finally went on sale (here).  And then I tried to wear you on Memorial Day weekend:

Yeah, that's right.  I changed before I went out, but I did seriously attempt this outfit.  There are some things I just don't let you see, folks.

I was scarred.  So were you, I think.  We needed some time apart after this incident.  You sat in my closet for the next two months while we existed at a standstill; unable to forgive each other and unable to move on.  I decided that I needed to be the one to make the first step towards reconciliation---largely because you are an item of clothing and lack a will of your own.

So, I attempted to learn from my prior mistake by refusing to play into the patriotic nature of the skirt (not having a national patriotic holiday nearby helped).  I chose a contrasting top and neutral shoes that wouldn't fight with my torso.  I think this works, though.

Use it or Lose it?  Ultimately, this skirt is much less versatile than I thought, but it's too pretty for me to bear letting go of yet.  If I continue to have difficulty styling it (i.e., more second pictures than first pictures) I may have to reassess my stance on this piece.
In this Outfit:
J.Crew Silk Pocket Tank (4, but size down one from your normal size.  A 2 is better for me in this shirt)
Anthropologie Ackee Pencil Skirt (6)
Anthropologie Coalescing Necklace
Anthropologie Button-Down Heels by Miss L. Fire (40) (scored at Buffalo Exchange in Philly)
Gold/Pearl Hoops via Ideeli
Fossil Watch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...