Tuesday, August 23, 2011

OOTD: Easy Breezy Floral Kneesy


I almost had heart palpitations when I first tried on Eva Franco's En Plein Air dress (here).  The pattern was gorgeous, the cut comfortable and classic, and that coral belt was almost too much to resist.

The tragedy of the dress, though, was its $260 pricetag.  I knew I couldn't justify the piece until it got a second cut to around $70 or $80.  I lusted from afar and patiently resisted when it hit sale.  It sold out quickly and, although it did get a second cut to $70, I didn't see it in stores or make any heroic efforts to track it down.

Things have a way of working out, though.  A month ago, Rue La La had an Eva Franco sample sale, and I managed to nab this dress for only $80!  It arrived before I left for Europe and I was pleased to see that the dress was exactly as lovely as I remembered it.  Even more---and maybe this is in my imagination---but it seems as though it's an inch or two shorter than the Anthro version.  Could it be?


Regardless, I love the knee-sweeping length on the Eva Franco version and the ease with which this dress can be worn.  The size 8 may be a half size too big on me in this dress (it was exactly right in the Anthro version), but it's comfortable and looks beautiful, so I'm done asking questions!


En this Outfit (hehe):
Eva Franco "Violet" Bloomtown Belted Dress (8) (via Rue La La)
Anthropologie Pirouette Flats (9)
J.Crew Factory Crystalized Elastic Bracelet in Sea Mist (here)
Anthropologie Necklace
Anthropologie Bright Bulb Posts
Fossil Watch
Coach Sabrina Satchel in Cinnamon

PS:  I'm touching back down in the states today after my three-week long Eurotrip!  It will be nice to be back to my full closet...and to check out the Anthro sale room, too :-D  Signs around Paris advertised an "En Plein Air" outdoor movie series that made me long to wear this dress again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...