Friday, July 29, 2011

Use it or Lose it OOTD: Great Minds Think Alike


A few weeks back, I met up with my friend Sara for a drink and to deliver a blog sale item.  I decided to wear this J.Crew skirt, which didn't quite make the cut for "Use it or Lose it," but which still had not seen much wear since it's purchase.  I'm not particularly comfortable in mini skirts anymore, and to top it off this skirt is a size too big.  I just love the chartreuse stripes and I'm not ready to say goodbye just yet.

I struggled with this outfit quite a bit.  For some reason, this skirt does not seem to play well with other pieces in my closet.  I was happy to see Lisa wear this same skirt (here), since I could use the styling inspiration.  I love the way Lisa accented the skirt with red accessories.  I went the neutral route, as you can tell.  Still, we both chose a white top + chartreuse color scheme.

Not only did Lisa and I inadvertantly (and unknowingly) mirror each other's looks, but also what should I see on the metro on my way to meet Sara other than another woman rocking the same white + chartreuse combo?  I couldn't resist being a Creeperson and asking this random (but stylish) stranger for a photo op:


Great minds do think alike!  (Of course, while I know Lisa is a great mind, I have no idea who this woman is or what she does.  But her hair was immaculately styled in the middle of July---at the END OF THE DAY---which indicates to me that she's got her life together in a way most of us cannot comprehend.)
In this Outfit:
J.Crew Embroidered Top
J.Crew Horizon Stripe Mini Skirt
J.Crew Collins Platform Pumps ($100 here or $80 here in suede)
Bracelet from 10,000 Villages (circa 2005) (gifted)
Anthropologie Triphasic Earrings
BCBG Birdcage Necklace (similar here for $20)
Coach Purse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...