Thursday, July 14, 2011

Call for Guest Posts!

I'm looking for readers, bloggers, Jewish mothers, etc. to write a guest post for me that will run sometime during the month of August.  The theme for guest posts will be:

"How I Spent My Summer Vacation"

Tell me about something cool/fun/crazy/scary that you did this summer!  You can write about a shopping trip, a vacation, a recipe you tried, a concert you saw, a person you met, a book you read...the list goes on.  As long as it makes you happy to write about, it'll be perfect!  Email me if you're interested.

Why?  I'm fleeing the country from August 1 until August 24 as a post-bar exam trip!

The "bar trip" is a tradition of law students going into Big Law (see, e.g., here) (discussing long hours).  In recognition of the fact that a long vacation in your first year or so as a junior associate is a laughable concept, many folks take a very long trip before starting work.  The idea is that in a few months, you'll have more money than you know what to do with, but you won't have any more time.  Thus, take a lavish vacation now, pay for it by year's end.

Image from Technolawyer

I consider this bar trip to be my remedial Eurotrip.  At this point in my life, I think I should have already been to these countries.  I haven't, so I'm knocking them out in August.  My plan is to visit Italy, France, and Spain.  I hope to meet up with miscellaneous friends while I'm there, but as of now I'm traveling solo.  I'll be staying in hostels and not shopping at all---I intend to spend all my money on food, wine, and miscellaneous day trips.  As I sort through my travel guides I'll tell you more about my itinerary.

I am most definitely going to Monte Carlo.  Image from Top Best Travel Destinations (WTF with that name?)

In the meantime, if you've been to any of these countries, do you have ideas for things I absolutely should not miss?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...