Thursday, June 9, 2011

OOTD: Stealing a Moment


Well hi there!  Long time no see, dear readers!  Things on my end this week have been absolutely b-a-n-a-n-a-s and I've barely had a moment to take a snap, let alone construct a blog entry.  Add to that the fact that I'm in class to review for the Bar Exam four hours a day, not including homework, plus I still don't have internet hooked up in my new apartment and...well...let's just say I've been a bit disconnected.

My move on Friday went smoothly; my law firm paid for me to get movers, and the movers packed up my entire NYC apartment and moved it all down to DC.  They unloaded all the boxes for me on Monday morning, but left me to do the unpacking.  Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but holy Hell, I think a rainforest has now been completely deforested as a result of all the packing material these guys used:

My living room was impassible for a few days!

No exaggeration, this is how much paper was used to wrap up the small glass to the right.

BUT, now I'm almost entirely unpacked and the place is starting to feel like home.  It'll take another week before everything is totally settled, but I'll give you the tour soon!

This is what the front of the house looks like!  I'm in the basement like a champion!

In the meantime, what do you think of this OOTD?  BF (who I now live a mere three minutes' walk away from) doesn't think the belt works with the dress, but I chock this up to his male fashion sense.  Do you agree with him?

Incidentally, I'm a huge fan of this belt.  It's called the mirror image belt and it was a mere $10 at Anthropologie!  I actually bought it online last week (I owe you a Sale Haul...or two...) for $30, but it was reduced to $10 this week and I got a PA.  Oh, happy day!  I love its size; it creates an amazing, hip-y silhouette, don'tcha think?
In this Outfit:
Anthro Seaside Fields Dress (8)
Anthro Necklace (anyone know the name?)
Anthro Pave Posts in Pearl (here)
J.Crew Collins Leather Platform Peeptoe in Tawny Orange (9.5, but I'd say they run TTS) (here)
Anthro Mirror Image Belt (S/M) (here, but currently sold out)
Fossil Watch

PS:  These J.Crew shoes are going to be my magic shoes this summer.  They're technically a half size too big, but they're still comfortable and fit me fine and they were the only pair left in the store so we're all going to just have to accept the size discrepancy and move on with our lives.  They're magic because they take seemingly EVERY outfit up a notch, they are walkable, and they are the perfect color.  Hoorah for good investments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...