Wednesday, June 1, 2011

OOTD: Italian Ice


[REMINDER:  Don't forget to submit your outfit photo for Inspiring Interpretations!  Photos are due TONIGHT!  Send in your photo via email by clicking this link.]

I woke up on Saturday to a wonderful, bright, warm day.  This yellow Circle the Globe Skirt has become much easier to wear as the weather has gotten warmer.  (For further evidence, see Monday's Outfit Triage Resuscitated post here.)  When the sun is out, I find myself gravitating towards it.  Perhaps subconsciously I think that if the sun were to finally crash into the Earth on such a day, I'd like to be mistaken for its kin and spared a firey death.

Why such a color/association makes me happy...I couldn't tell you.  It's probably related to my desire to be a lawyer.

The delicious colors in this outfit make me think of fruity Italian Ices.  I was afraid to wear this shirt with the skirt, since the skirt is relatively big and poofy, and I assumed it would need more structure on top so as not to get out of control.  (I've been wearing it with more closely-fitting shirts, like the Keeping Tabs Tee, seen here, inspired by Maria's combo here.)  I think the combo in Saturday's outfit works because of the strong belt accenting my waist (i.e., creating shape) and the illusion of structure you get from the bright stripes on the top.

Speaking of the belt, I'm trying this thing where I don't match my belt to my shoes and purse.  I heard that it was "out" to do that, and while I don't agree, I would like to broaden my horizons a bit by experimenting with different shades of brown leather.

The big shades and leather bag enhance the "Italian" part, at least if my archaic stereotypes hold true.  Watch me strike a stylish Italian pose.



I'm so fashionable, I have to wear shades.  To shield myself...from my fashionableness.  ...Um, wait...
In This Outfit:
Anthro Lining-the-Field Scoopneck (S) ($40 here)
Anthro Thousand Days Skirt (4)
Anthro Looping Lanes Belt (L) (original colorway)
Aerosoles Shoes (9) (courtesy of a spring cleaning clothing swap among friends!)
Earrings from a street vendor
Anthro Frozen Globes Necklace (moss colorway)
Coach Madison Leather Sabrina Bag (cinnamon colorway)
Franco Sarto sunglasses (from T.J. Maxx)

PS: There's a Leifsdottir sale on RueLaLa today!  If you're not a member, you can join under this link and I'll get a referral bonus :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...