Saturday, June 4, 2011

OOTD: Bursting the Bubble

I sometimes love irrational things.  (Remember these?)


I think this skirt may be an example of irrational love.  It may look normal from the front...


But if you happen to catch me at a ninety degree angle:


Holy bubble skirt, Batman!  Watch where you're walking with that thing or you'll knock somebody down!  I don't know what it is about this skirt.  I do know that I love the vibrant colors, the bright waistband, the length, and the pockets.  


And, if I'm being honest, I love the crazy bubbly nature of it, too.  It's just so patently absurd in its shape that I just can't help but adore it.  Its oddity worked in my favor...I bought it when it first went on sale, but it must have been selling so poorly that it was marked down another 50% just a week later!  I received a price adjustment and am happy as a clam with my purchase.

Bonus for the boyfriends:  when wearing this skirt, it's also very easy to answer honestly to the question "Does this skirt make my butt look big?"
In this Outfit:
Shirt by Grace via T.J. Maxx
Anthropologie Garden of the Spectrum Mini (8)
Frozen Globes Necklace (remember when I was worried I might not wear this twice?  Done!)
Xhileration for Target shoes (circa 2007) (PS: am I crazy to think that these shoes might play well with this skirt, too?)
Necklace via a street fair in NYC
Anthro studs
Fossil watch (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...