Wednesday, April 20, 2011

OOTD: Passover Inspiration

At the risk of heaping a bit more "Jewish" on you this week than usual, I wanted to share today's OOTD, which I assembled with my ultimate evening destination in mind:  a seder with the family of one of my Birthright friends.

A seder is the traditional dinner we have during the holiday of Passover, in which we tell the story of the Jewish people's exodus from Egypt.  The story has a lot of gory elements (Jewish slavery/abuse at the hands of Egyptians PLUS horrible plagues visited on the Egyptians, including pestilence, boils, and the murder of each first-born son).  I felt like wearing something thematic, but the plagues leaved something to be desired, inspiration-wise.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I chose to focus on fish instead.  The whole Nile-turning-to-blood-and-killing-the-fish thing, then the parting of the Red Sea, where fish undoubtedly lived, and finally the undying Jewish tradition of eating gefilte fish.  Fish.  Much more attractive to print on a dress than boils or pestilence.

An Exodus-Worthy OOTD
Unfortunately, you get a polyvore set no real picture because by the time I got home, I was nursing a food pregnancy the size of higher-order multiples and I was not about to memorialize that moment on film.

Needless to say, I enjoyed an immense amount of absolutely amazing food and truly heartwarming hospitality!  I expect to feel hungry again at some point within the next week, although I'm not sure exactly when that will be...

In this outfit:
Anthro Shadowsleeve Cardigan (M)
Anthro Sketched Danios Dress (4)
Anthro Cockle Shells Tights (M/L)
Target Taree Oxfords in Cognac (9) ($20 here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...