Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Outfit Triage: Yellow Skirt at Night, Sailor's De-Fright

OMG YOU GUYS:


I swear to you that I was not trying to be a fashion disaster on purpose.  I have no words for what happened here.  I don't understand it myself.  I just....I don't even know.

Before you click the "unfollow" button, let me say in my own defense that the bright highlighter yellow shade of this shirt completely disorients me (temporarily blinds me?) and as a result I seem unable to assemble anything resembling a normal outfit.  This was the best I could come up with after half an hour of throwing clothes in a pile.

Also, in case you were thinking that the answer here is to add MORE citrus-colored accessories, you are quite wrong, madame:

Please note the coy facial expression, which communicates the message, "Hello.  I'm Jewish Girl and I'm wearing a Legitimate Outfit that I will soon post as an OOTD on my Legitimate Personal Style Blog."  I think I was only five pictures into the shoot at this point.  Eighty pictures later, I was forced to admit that something was a lot of things were amiss.

Here's the thing:  the skirt cost less than $8 at Anthro on super-sale, so I had to buy it.  I HAD TO.  Also, as a law student I find the yellow highlighter color oddly comforting.


Please help me wear this skirt.  Your triage is clearly much needed here...just don't amputate the skirt.  I want to make the skirt work.  At the very least, help me don this muppet one more time without looking like I'm colorblind so I can feel like I got my money's worth.

No, this is not a proud day for me.  Yes, I suspect you can do better than I did at styling this skirt.  Please lend a hand in the comments; I will attempt your suggestions and document the results in a later entry.

In this Trainwreck:
Shirt: (via Marshall's)
Skirt: (name?) (Anthro) (4)
Tights: (Anthro)
Booties: Bright Horizons Booties (Everybody for Anthro) (40)
Belt: High Prairie Belt (Anthro)
Headband: Budding Hues Headband (Anthro)
Earrings: Jellybean Bow Earrings (Anthro)
Necklace: Gifted/Thrifted
Watch: Fossil
Bracelet: Blakely Bling Bracelet (J.Crew)
Clutch: Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...