Wednesday, February 23, 2011

OOTD: Peppered, Striped, and Hired

I had a "group job interview" recently to become a receptionist for Weight Watchers.  It's no secret that I love the Weight Watchers program, and getting a part-time job with them seems like a nice way to help others along the way to their goal while making a little bit of extra Anthropologie money.

The WW people didn't specify what we should wear, so folks showed up in the whole gamut of attire, from business suits to a blouse and jeans.  I fell somewhere in the middle:


This marks the first outing for my ever-popular Peppered & Striped Skirt!  I'm not sure why I've been so reluctant to wear this; I guess I just wasn't quite sure how to style such a substantial piece.  For those who haven't tried on this skirt, it is big and heavy.  It spreads out when you sit to take up several seats on the subway.  Substantial, I say.

I did a bit of pattern mixing here, but I think the colors in the top are muted enough not to clash with the polkas in the skirt.  Perhaps it's risky to follow up my Outfit Triage post with a questionable mixing of patterns, but I like this a lot regardless.


I was surprised at how much I loved this skirt.  It made me feel so pretty and cheery all day.  I can't believe I waited so long to try it on!

(PS: I, along with (I assume) everyone else in the interview, got the job :-)  Whether I can take it or not, due to the fact that I'm moving to DC in a few months, remains to be seen.)  [Update: we're good to go! I can start working in NYC and then continue in DC through the summer and then as my free time allows.  Hooray!]
In this Outfit
From the Canvas V-Neck (Anthro) (S)
Reversible Seamless Tank (undershirt) (Anthro) (M)
Jackie (?) Cardigan (J.Crew) (M)
Peppered & Striped Skirt (Anthro) (8)
Cockle Shells Tights (Anthro) (M/L)
Password Pumps (Seychelles) (9 - TTS) ($55 here)
Hairpins (Anthro)
Jellybean Drop Earrings (Anthro) (it's curious to me that I wear this earrings basically all the time---every outfit I posted so far this week, in fact---but rarely found occasions to wear my very similar stone mine drops, despite having owned them for about a year)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...