Sunday, January 30, 2011

some sunday inspiration

How much do you love this orange + yellow combo?! That's rhetorical. Of course you love it. (Image from The Look 4 Less)



How evil is my friend over at Cookbook Archaeologist for making this? That's rhetorical. Of course she is the spawn of Satan. I mean, really, really evil, right? This shouldn't exist while we've got an obesity epidemic going on and while it's still (barely) January. (via The Cookbook Archaeologist)





This sort of falls into my "ugly but loveable" category, but unfortunately also in my "not for more than $100" category. Frankly, I feel more confident in my ability to rock this concept in lime green/bright purple/zombies than orange/blue. And no, I don't think that's a bizarre statement.




Something about the cheek patches in this picture this makes me want to create a Halloween costume around the concept. Like a plastic surgery doll. It would be sort of scary and sort of social commentary. (Image from Tavi at Style Rookie)




This sells for $130 here, but it would be easy to make this on the cheap since it's just tissue paper and mylar. I like Emily's suggestion of using something like this to adorn a large, empty wall. Living in NYC I lack large empty walls, but I may need something like this when I move to DC in June. Also, I should finish my chandelier first. (Image from Cupcakes and Cashmere)



Peanut Butter Cup Bars. Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker. Also, check out her beautifully decorated cakes here! My favorites are the Super Mario Brothers Cake (30 up! Love it!) and (of course) the Poker Cake (would love to attempt something like that).



This easy afternoon craft project makes me wish I still babysat, because it would make a great activity to do with kids! Introduce them to needles at a young age, I always say. (via Sew I Thought)


This livestrong.com article about getting your workout done in the morning ALMOST pushed me out of bed in time to go to the gym. I have high hopes for Monday!



Is this the definition of "meta"? (Image from Coffee with the Hermit)



Emma Pillsbury-style sweater clips on Etsy (most <$25).


Also, speaking of Etsy, I won my first blogger giveaway from Sandra over at Closet at Capacity!  (Sort of funny that I won my first giveaway right after finishing my first giveaway, huh?)  This is the lovely ring I won. Sandra's story is so interesting; she used to work at Anthropologie, and then she opened her own vintage jewelry shop!  Her designs are gorgeous; you can visit her Etsy shop or jewelry blog and drool over her stuff.  I'm so attracted to this whimsical necklace:




With that, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Anyone do anything exciting?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...