Monday, January 10, 2011

OOTD: A Sporting Sunday

I spent Sunday exactly as Sundays should be spent: watching my boyfriend's team win a basketball league playoff game, having brunch with a friend, and then watching football in a bar for five hours, with the help of some delicious sweet potato fries.

My boyfriend is the guy making that great shot. (Incidentally, if you or anyone in the DC area is looking to join an awesome recreational basketball league, you should check these guys out. They are the best league in the city---with a real shot clock and professional referees)





Shirt: Indispensable Blouse (Anthro) (I adore the surprising pearls on the sleeves, which you can see in the detail shot above)
Cardigan: Tied Trail Cardi (Anthro, $50 here)
Jeans: Joe's Best Friend Jeans (Anthro)
Socks: Shiny Stripes Socks (Anthro)
Shoes: Xhileration Taree Oxfords, cognac (Target, $20 here) (As much as I love these, the toe is already a bit scuffed. That's fake leather for you, I guess)
Earrings: Frog Earrings (Anthro)
Necklace: Pearl Necklace (Macy's)
Watch: Fossil

I loved this outfit: it struck just the right casual, comfortable chord for the day. The cardigan premiered to somewhat disastrous results on Saturday (you'll read about it in an upcoming entry), but I think it redeemed itself today. I'm crazy for the color, and it's nice to have a long cardigan in my closet.

A quick ode to these frog earrings, which I've worn almost every day this week. You can't see them very well in my jewelry shots, so take a closer look:


They are beautiful, go with everything, and were only $10 at Anthro! These are worth a visit to the store.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Such adorable earrings! $10? Wowza! A steal! And I bet you were the most well dressed lady there - you look FAB! Those Target Oxfords are so snazzy, and I love your chartreuse cardigan paired with the pinky beige. Just gorg!

Jewish Girl said...

Thank you! And thank you also for naming the color of the cardigan, because I was stumped :) hehe.

Sahiti said...

I have that shirt too and I love it! Although I always roll my sleeves up so I lose the pearl detail :/ And I love your oxfords!

Jewish Girl said...

It's such a wonderful shirt, isn't it? Seems to go with just about everything. I was surprised that Anthro didn't post any pictures of the sleeve cuffs; I don't think the product description even mentioned them!

Despite my general distaste for fake leather, these oxfords are so versatile and I just love the details on the toe. They were definitely worth $20!

Lola Nicole said...

I really love this look! I've been searching for shoes like those for weeks now. Thanks for the head's up! :)

Jewish Girl said...

Thanks, Nic! I found that the shoes fit TTS, although they are very close to my foot. My usual size 9 probably couldn't accommodate very thick socks, but they are fine with thin-to-normal socks.

Thirteenlbs said...

So many pretty details to this outfit...love the froggies and the pearls.

Jewish Girl said...

I love love love the frogs! hehe.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...