Thursday, January 6, 2011

OOTD: Simply Corded

I know there was a time when I didn't appreciate corduroy as a material, but I'm having a hard time remembering that I once shied away from this material. Between the AG Stevies, the Southward Stop Shirtdress, and now the Refined Cord Shirtdress, I just don't think I can go back to a life without cords.

I'm back to living life out of a suitcase, staying with the BF for a week or so. I tried to pack more versatile items this time, but it means that you will be seeing a lot of the same basic items in various combinations and rotations. It will be like my own little version of a 30 for 30 remix challenge, just without the shopping ban (hahaha, shopping ban, don't be ridiculous).

This was the inaugural outing for Anthro's refined cord shirtdress, which I am officially in love with. I sized up to an 8 for this one. The 6 was a bit cozy and I worried about in-wash shrinkage. I initially belted it with the grey infinite loop belt, but then decided that I wanted to keep it simple.

This dress is SO comfortable and very warm; I'm sure I'll wear it a few more times this week!


Dress: Refined Cord Dress (Anthro) (sold out online, but still in stores)
Tights: Unsure of the name, but they are from Anthro too
Boots: Target Kachiri Leather Boots ($50 here) (I got mine in store for only $35!)
Hairtie: J.Crew Factory
Earrings: Anthro (sold out online, still available in some stores for $10!)
Necklace: Anthro

(Just realized that Thirteen Pounds and I both have cord-themed entries/outfits up today!)

7 comments:

roxy said...

Super cute! I'm coming out of the woodwork to say I imagined Balky from "Perfect Strangers" saying your shopping ban line, and now I'm giggly. Thank you for that!

Jewish Girl said...

Thanks! And aww, I miss Perfect Strangers! I haven't thought about that show in a long time. I got to meet Bronson Pinchot in college, but I sort of wish I hadn't; he should just stay Balki in my mind forever.

Ady said...

I am sending my red refined cord to my BFF in cali. I sized up and it is STILL too tight. It is like the Reed dress last year, only smaller... and everyone but me can fit into it! LOL! :)

Jewish Girl said...

I definitely runs small...it's especially weird given the fact that there's SOOO much fabric in this dress. You'd think they'd be able to spare a bit for the waistline, but no, apparently not.

Mich said...

That dress fits you like a glove! You look great in it. I also really love those tights, they almost look like henna designs on your skin. They're so subtle and pretty.

Thirteenlbs said...

Yeah, you look incredible in this dress- like WHOA good. Thanks for the shout-out!

Jewish Girl said...

Mich: Thank you! We were talking a few days ago about how to tell when a piece is really *you* - I think for me it may be when I want to rip the tags off immediately and wear it several times in one week :) And yes, the tights were a lucky find. Some random return that rang up for $5 (and 25% off that)!

Thirteen: Thank you! And you're welcome!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...