Wednesday, January 12, 2011

OOTD: Porterhouse Steak, Medium Rare

I was toodling around all day Monday in a T-Shirt and jeans, thrifting for materials for my Insane Chandelier Project (you didn't think I forgot, did you??), when out of nowhere BF decided he wanted to use up $200 worth of gift certificates at Morton's Steakhouse for dinner.

Heck yeah! This calls for a skirt!


Thankfully, the skirt is a bit big, so my belly had some room to expand as I filled it with steak, onion bread, and cheesecake. I also adore the shirt I'm wearing here; I love the beautiful, bright color and the nice, subtle embroidery on the front. It's silky smooth and perfect for a date night when you want to encourage lots of casual body touching and stroking. I'm not sure how I feel about the belt. The pattern may be a bit too-close-and-yet-too-far next to the tweed, but since I'm still living out of a suitcase in D.C., this was the best I had. I thought my chocolate looping lanes belt would be too dark.



Shirt: Banana Republic
Skirt: Avant-Tweed Skirt (Anthro, $60 here)
Necklace: Secret Key Necklace (Anthro)
Belt: Nimble Paisley Belt (Anthro)
Earrings: Factory Cluster Earrings (J.Crew, $20 here)
Tights: Cockle Shells Tights (Anthro) (these tights already have a hole in them at the knee after only one previous wear! WHY?? ::cries::)
Shoes: Slinking Frills Heels (Anthro)

Incidentally, I think my feet may have shrunk a half size in this cold weather? I could swear that these slinking frills heels (in a half size lower than my normal size) fit me wonderfully for Christmas dinner, but they are positively falling off my feet now, even with heel grips. Likewise, I had to go down a FULL size to wear the Waving Grain pumps. I'm hoping the problem is a combo of the cold weather's shrinking properties and tights. I love these shoes too much to give them up! Has anyone else had a similar problem with their feet?

(Speaking of shoes, if your feet have also shrunk and you need a new pair of shoes, check out this giveaway at Carol and Kathryn's blog, In Pursuit of Pretty Things. You could win a $50 Zappos gift card!)

8 comments:

Laura said...

I just read your profile. I was trying to find your given name. But did not accomplish that task quickly. Your profile is a hoot. You date Gentiles. Ha-ha! Half my family is Jewish, 1/4 is Bahai, the rest are agnostic. Thankfully we are scattered about so we don't bump minds.

I hope you didn't eat $200 in steak between you. Yikes! An outfit with tummy growing capabilities. Ha-ha! And stroking and such. He-he! I have the Nimble Paisely belt and have not worn it. The Delphi Hippodrome Belt is a twin only in Navy. Worn many times! Oh well! I should have went for the Waving Grains Heels. But when I saw the Seville Heels by Coclico in my size on Pop Back and Red Tagged I couldn't help myself.

My feet seem to be consistent in size. But it's not freezing cold and snowing in CA.

This outfit seems very different from what I have seen you wear.

Laura said...

Oh no! I just ordered the Cockle Shell tights in the Copper color last night. I hope they aren't Poop tights.

Thirteenlbs said...

"Incidentally, I think my feet may have shrunk a half size in this cold weather? I could swear that these slinking frills heels (in a half size lower than my normal size) fit me wonderfully for Christmas dinner, but they are positively falling off my feet now, even with heel grips. Likewise, I had to go down a FULL size to wear the Waving Grain pumps."

Exactly, 100 percent my experience. With both pair. In that the SH are my absolute favorites right now, they have gotten some wadding, shoe grips and an insert.

Still worth it...right? Haha.

I love this skirt as well.

Jewish Girl said...

Laura: I've thought about using my given name on the blog, but it's quite unique and it would be easy for someone (say, an employer) to google just my first name and get relevant results. My middle name is "Heather," which may work better than "Jewish Girl." I had to google Bahai - I'd never heard of it before. How interesting. It's nice that at least folks can interact with each other without getting into heated discussions. We did a decent job of using the $200, once we added a bottle of wine to the mix :-) I've NEVER had this problem with my feet before! I have no clue what to do. As for the tights, hopefully yours will be okay. I suspect I must have miswashed mine or something...I don't know. They feel pretty strong, and they are WONDERFULLY soft and comfortable. I'd buy another pair in an instant if I could. Are they still available?

Thirteen: Good to know that you had to go down further with the waving grain pumps. I think my biggest fear is committing to the shoes by walking around outside in them, only to find that they're way too small once we get into the summer. Totally worth it though.

Jewish Girl said...

Oh, and Laura: I agree that this is a bit different than some of my other outfits in that there's no strong pattern on any of the pieces. I think my outfits fall on a spectrum of conservatism, and this is probably closer to the "more conservative" side of what I usually wear.

Lisa said...

After I got preggers, my feet actually got 1 size bigger! Yikes! Now after reading your post, I'm tempted to stick my feet in a bucket of ice water in hopes that they'll shrink. lol.
I love anything tweed and that skirt is darling. And blue suits you :)

Jewish Girl said...

Lisa: I've heard that's a common experience after pregnancy. I don't even want to think about it...I own about seventy pairs of shoes that I can't bear to part with!

vintageglammz said...

I have read somewhere that feet swell up during the warmer months and/or after exercise.This is why when shopping for shoes, you should always do it at the end of the day after you've walked around a little:-) Nice shoes btw.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...