Saturday, January 8, 2011

OOTD: Day to Night

My goal for Friday was to create as little laundry as possible while still dressing nicely for two somewhat different social engagements: casual lunch with a friend and a night on the town with another friend. I wanted to change nothing but my pants.

Here's what I came up with:

Day Look




Shirt: Season's Way tee (Anthro)
Cardigan: Angled Ruffle Cardigan (Banana Republic, $50 here)
Belt: J.Crew
Jeans: Joe's Best Friend Jeans (Anthro)
Shoes: Old Clem's Peep Toes by Miss Albright (Anthro)
Socks: Rose and Bows socks (Anthro)
Hair clips: Gossamer Gardenia clips (Anthro)
Earrings: Anthro
Braceley: Blakely Bling Bracelet, pale cider (J.Crew Factory, $15 here)
Watch: Fossil


Night Look


(Thanks to my friend Jess for helping with the photos!)

Shirt: Season's Way tee (Anthro)
Cardigan: Banana Republic ($50 here)
Belt: J.Crew
Skirt: Avant-Tweed skirt (Anthro) ($60 here) (thanks to an extended tag sale in NYC stores, I got 25% off this skirt!)
Tights: Something by Tintorella (Anthro)
Shoes: Old Clem's Peep Toes by Miss Albright (Anthro)
Socks: Rose and Bows socks (Anthro)
Hair clips: Gossamer Gardenia clips (Anthro)
Earrings: Anthro
Braceley: J.Crew Factory Blakely Bling Bracelet, pale cider ($15 here)
Watch: Fossil
Purse: Coach

6 comments:

Laura said...

What an amazing transformation! I really had to look twice at both outfits. You would never know you changed only the pants to a skirt. Having less laundry is a great goal. Mine is usually less ironing. Ha-ha! I wish I would have picked up Old Clems Peep Toes. I don't always have the money I need in my hot little hands at the right time.

My Laptop returns Monday. Blogging from 22 year old son's messy dusty bedroom. Ughhhh!

Jewish Girl said...

Thank you! I hate ironing too---I miss Downy Wrinkle Release spray, which had been my saving grace but I haven't seen around lately.

I'm sure you're anxiously awaiting the return of your computer! I keep my whole life on mine and can't imagine being without it...

Jewish Girl said...

Oh, and re: the shoes: My BF made the astute observation that they sort of resemble the Anticipation Heels, although in black! I think he's sort of right...they have the same shape. I do like that the Clem's peep toes can zip up for a different, more bootie-like look.

Mandy said...

Love those cute peep toes! Your look is so practical yet so cute - love how your transferred it from day to night! Very clever!

Mich said...

I just scrolled back and forth between the two outfits about ten times. They both look so different, I had to convince myself that only the jeans were switched. This is a really clever way to shift between two cute outfits, I need to take notes.

Also, those shoes are adorable, but I think "Old Clem" is in the running for the worst Anthro name. Old Clem? Really? I didn't realize the zipper was function, though, that's neat.

Jewish Girl said...

Mandy: Yes, these shoes had been on my wishlist for a while, but I didn't take the plunge in time to get them online. I randomly found them the other day in a store in DC.

Mich: Thank you. I tend to leave way too many clothes in my wake in these situations, so it's nice to plan something that can transition well. Hahaha @ "Old Clem." I never noticed the name, but yeah, I can see where you're coming from. The "Fluid Flush Dress" (now the "Tiered Rush Dress") may take the cake as the worst.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...