Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Finger...on...trigger...

I sometimes experience a unique shopping compulsion. And no, it has nothing to do with Anthropologie (I said a it is a UNIQUE compulsion).

The compulsion is: I sometimes find hideously ugly items irresistible. If the item is one-of-a-kind, weird, strange, bizarre, and unlikely to be repeated in human history, I will probably buy it if the price is right (see, e.g., the Childhood Secrets Necklace). Although I generally think I have decent taste in largely agreeable clothes (see yesterday for an example), I am drawn to unstoppably ugly merchandise like a moth to a bug zapper. I know it's no good for me, but the blue light is just SO GARISH I MUST HAVE IT.

I share this embarrassing fact with you, readers, because I have no other way to explain why I am so outrageously attracted to these monstrosities:
But I am. Oh, I am so drawn. If this shoe were an impossible person, I imagine it would be the love child of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle and a Zombie who happens to be going through an 80's phase. And is afraid of spiders.

I'm not sure how much longer I can resist these abominations. I got as far as the order confirmation page on Endless and then I x-ed out of the window. For $45 (and free shipping both ways), these may be worth a try-on at least. (Incidentally, these shoes will totally be FREE if I win Kathleen's giveaway over on her lovely blog, Princess of Taylor. She's giving away a $50 gift card to the store of your choice! See details here.) (Also, you can still enter my somewhat less awesome but equally free giveaway here!)

I'm hoping you guys will either: 1) talk some sense into me, or; 2) enable my compulsion to the point that I no longer feel guilty about it. There are only two left in my size and I am irrationally concerned that they will sell out.

Make no mistake, readers, I am not being sarcastic. I'm serious as a spider attack.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...