Tuesday, December 28, 2010

OOTDs: In a Suitcase Rut

I recently discovered what all the fuss is about re: AG's Stevie Cords (almost sold out online; still available in stores). They are soft and wonderfully comfortable, but also figure-flattering. It was the kind of thing where I bought one pair, confirmed my love for them with another try-on at home, and then went out and bought them in two more colors.

It's only been two days but I may be getting into a bit of a rut with my purple cords. They go really well with my imitation Field Game cardigan and I may be using the cardigan as a crutch.

In fairness to me, I'm living out of a suitcase for the next week or so (staying with BF in DC. We bused down in the blizzard because we are smart people). Since I'm not near my own closet, my options are quite limited. Still, will strive not to wear these together again until I find a few other options.

X-Mas Dinner:


Shirt: Finessed Turtleneck (Anthro)
Cardigan: Imitation "Field Game" by Pleione (Marshall's)
Pants: AG Stevie Cords, wine color (Anthro)
Belt: J.Crew
Shoes: Slinking Frills Pumps (Anthro)
Earrings: Not sure. Probably Anthro, though. Big shocker, I know
Bracelet: Blakely Bling, pale cider color (J.Crew, $16.50 here)


Random Monday

Shirt: Embraceable Tee (Anthro)
Cardigan: Imitation "Field Game" by Pleione (Marshall's)
Pants: AG Stevie Cords, wine color (Anthro)
Earrings: Bright Bulb Posts (Anthro)
Belt: Anthro something or other
Socks: Stone Rose Socks (Anthro)
Shoes: Anticipation Heels (Anthro)

Now that December is almost behind us, I am cutting my shopping back to a more objectively reasonable level. However, I will be visiting the J.Crew outlet in Atlantic City this week in an effort to slightly diversify my all-Anthro wardrobe. Either that or I will just stop using the parentheticals. It's overwhelming, even to me.

Hope you all had a lovely holiday!

6 comments:

Kate (Embarrassment of Riches) said...

You were smart to depart for DC! We left DC to return to NYC on the morning of the blizzard.

I love both outfit!. After picking up two pairs of AG chinos on sale at Anthro, I am a convert to the brand. I need to try on these Stevies!

Kate (Embarrassment of Riches) said...

Ack, both outfitS

Jewish Girl said...

Oh no! Sounds like you made it in alright, though. We ended up waiting outside for an hour and a half since our bus was late. It was disturbing to realize I had actual icicles in my hair. On the other hand, coffee never tasted quite so good.

I highly recommend the Stevies! The AG brand also uses an eco-friendly process to finish their jeans, which is a nice feel-good bonus.

Ady said...

I have one pair of jeans and they are AG Tomboys. It is the only pair EVER that I have found that fits perfectly, and I can't seem to find them anymore. The Stevies look wonderful on you!

Kelly said...

Hey, what did you wind up thinking about the Linnaean Pumps? I'm not sure if I should track them down...I like the looks of them, but was just wondering what your opinion is about them since you said you ordered them during the sale last week. Are they unnecessary if you have the slinking frills or are they different enough to justify both? Sorry for the q's but I need to act fast if I decide to get them!

Jewish Girl said...

Ady: It's good to hear that you had such a positive experience with AG pants too. I am going to start trying these jeans on more often, instead of avoiding the often-overwhelming pants rack in the Anthro sale section.

Kelly: I ended up returning the pumps. I'm usually a 9, but my foot popped out of the nine, and the 8.5 hurt my toes. If you can find a pair that fit you, they are nice quality and different enough from the slinking frills to justify both...these are a brown-neutral while the frills are a beige-black neutral. The fit is the only problem, and I think I saw a few other reviews that suggested the same thing. If you go for it, try to find a store that carries both your sizes so you can comPare and keep the one that fits best.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...